Her pity was too great by that point. So maybe that was why, without much thought, she reached forward and intertwined their fingers.

Kai felt his eyes widen. The glow of golden light appeared as soon as they had made contact and yet Indigo seemed to not mind. 

Her sea green eyes were wide in awe, her lips slightly parted as she watched him take her magic without even willing it. 

That was a small price, he always told himself. He wasn't allowed to touch anyone and as a result was unable to control his abilities. 

This only added to the fear, disgust and hatred everyone outside his siblings felt toward him. His veins seemed to ignite, from magic or the feel of someone else touching him, he didn't know.

"Indi?" Joey Parker, a ten year old and closer to Kai than his other brother's, called. 

He appeared, already dressed for bed as he seemed to have lost the game. He came to a stop, his eyes focused solely on Indi as he realized his big brother was still there. 

"Kai!" Joey cheered, lifting his arms in the air with a wide grin.

"Is the game already over or did you get tired of the others cheating." 

Indigo, now called Indi, gently unwound her fingers from Kai. She offered the little boy a bright smile. Her head pounded and she felt drained, her body seemed to tremble and she wondered just how much magic Kai had taken.

Joey nodded with a pout. "Jackson kicked me out of my hiding spot and Liv and Luke are too good at hiding." Joey climbed onto her lap and leaned his head against her chest.

"Kai, can you tell me a story?" His blue gaze returned to his brother, still oblivious to the sudden shift in Kai.

"Oh no." Indi was quick to stand with Joey wrapping around her to keep from falling. "You want to hear a scary story and there is no way I'm letting that happen." 

She shook her head and started forward, though with the loss of a portion of her magic and the weight of Joey, she stumbled and fell backward. Rather than landing on the floor, she landed on Kai just as the majority of the siblings chose that moment to enter.

"Indi's touching Kai!" Jackson screamed, his thirteen year old voice cracked as he tugged at Josette's sleeve.

"Get away from him!" Liv and Luke cried as they clung to one another.

"Will you all stop screaming?" Kai huffed, holding up his arms above his head and watched in disgust as they all relaxed. 

"I'm not touching Indi. Jo take them to bed already."

"Kai's right, you guys can't keep panicking at nothing." Indi spoke up, letting Joey stand first before she also stood. "Now come on, we've still got to find Mari and Rosie." 

Indi gestured for them to go back to the unfinished game. Thankfully, their thoughts returned to trying to find their sisters and they all headed off in different directions. J

oey, who had been determined to go to bed, was once more interested in the game and chased after Liv and Luke, the other set of twins in the Parker household.

"You guys really should get better at lying." Josette replied, winking playfully at her best friend.

"And have them tell mom and dad and then get my ass kicked or locked in the cellar?" Kai spoke darkly. "Yeah, let's pretend it was a lie." 

He watched as his twin's eyes darted to her house shoes. With a shake of his head he turned back to the fire.

"Don't burn the house down." Indi murmured, nudging him with the toe of her converse.