The Grindylow made a weird rumbling sound that had a heavy note in it and Harry noted it was their version of laughter as the Grindylow on his arm was moving back and forth, trying to keep away from the finger, but all the while showing a sharp smile and wasn't releasing his arm to fully get away.

Grinning at himself for making the Grindylow happy, he stopped tickling the Grindylow, who in return made a chirp type of sound that seemed to ask why he stopped.

Harry grinned, but it tinted with sadness because at that moment, he fully wished he had the ability to talk to water creatures like his father. Even if it was just magical water creatures, he would be happy.

A warmth washed over him sudden, and seeming to be out of nowhere (he never noticed his magic shifting slightly at it's wielder's wish). It was weird, because he's heard of cold spots in part of the ocean and other bodies of water, but he doesn't remember warm-spots really being a thing, I mean he's heard of such a thing but never really experienced it before.  

Shaking his head, he asked the Grindylow in what he thought was English, "Can you please let go of me, little guy, I would like to explore the lake a bit more before I have to go back."

A sharp, high pitch voice seemed to respond, "Aww, but I want to play more."

Harry too shocked to really say anything, just stood there gaping at his new friend. Who was the one that the sharp tone of voice came from.

Shakily taking a breath to regain his balance over the conversation he was now having, he responded, "Well, I can always return again another day. Perhaps you can take this time to warn some creatures of the lake I wish them no harm?"

The small creature on his arm just nodded and Harry felt the spiked tentacles detach off his arm until it was floating in the water. "We shall never harm the Grandson of our Ruler! But, I shall spread the words regardless. Wait until I tell màthair, she will faint with the knowledge I know the Grandson of our king!"  

With that, the small child Grindylow swam back toward it's nest to spread word that the descendant of Poseidon was blessed them with his visitation (or at least, that's the words the small Grindylow king decided to use).

With his conversation with the small Grindylow over, Harry decided to move toward the deeper part of the lake, noting that it was much deeper than he had actually anticipated and briefly wondered just how far it will go.

Debating on if he had the time or not, he decided to inch toward the lower part of the lake, where the sun was much harder to reach. He passed a town of Nymphs and their cousins Selkie that seemed to be watching him slightly warily, but just let him be.

As he reached toward the darker part of the lake, he noted an entrance toward a cave system at the deepest part of the lake where light reaches it enough to cast a sort-of shadowed look over the lake.

But the cave he saw, was the deepest and darkest part of the lake it seemed, for even the entrance was pitch black, showing nothing of the secrets that it may be hiding.

If not for the pulsing of Hogwarts, Harry might've turned back around to explore another day where it might be safer, but Hogwarts seemed to be edging him toward it. Saying that all would be fine, that she would protect him should he need to.

But what drew him most toward it, was the feeling inside him that he was going to meet a long-time friend in their. Something that would help him and protect him just as much as his father does.

With this feeling, Harry drew upon his wandless magic with little thought and created a two small Lumos. One to hover in front of him, leading his forward, and the other resting on his shoulder so he could turn and look around without worrying about what he may walk into.