Symbiotic revelations

*no one's POV*
General Ironwood rushes into the penthouse floor of Y/n's company. The same doctor, Stephen packing away several items into his bag is walking back out as he is walking in

Ironwood: "Doctor Strange, how is Y/n?"

Doctor Strange: "a panic attack brought on by severe stress and memory fragmentation. He's beginning to remember what his mind doesn't want him to."

Ironwood: "I'm confused, what does that mean?"

Doctor Strange: "our minds have coping mechanisms. If we experience trauma too great for our minds to be able to process, they attempt to shut off connection with that specific memory. Y/n is starting to remember what they did to him. I spoke with Winter. This time, the panic attack was brought on by the memory of them torturing him..."

Ironwood: "will he be ok?"

Doctor Strange: *chuckle* "he's an Ironwood. Hard as iron on the outside... but you're all as soft as driftwood on the inside. As long as you and Winter keep helping him along, he'll be fine."

Winter: "Y/N! WHERE ARE YOU GOING? Get back here!"

Y/n rushes past the two men as Winter runs down the corridor behind him
Ironwood: "Winter, what's going on?"

Winter: "he have a problem sir!"
Winter shows him the scroll. The text from an unknown number
'We need to talk darling. Midnight tonight, your balcony. Have a glass of wine waiting 😘'

Winter: "Y/n says he knows who it is. And he's going to meet with them."

Ironwood: "so where is he going now?"

Vicky: "testing room 3. He wants his suit storage set up in his penthouse too."

Peter walks over quietly
Peter: "general Ironwood, I think I know something that could help."

Ironwood: "What is it young man?"

Peter: "it might be totally unrelated but... I... know of a guy who knows the masked hero Spider-Man. Apparently something went down the day before Y/n was taken in the same spot. The docks 6 miles away from Atlas! I think they're connected somehow."

Ironwood: "and this 'friend' of yours thinks it's related because?"

Peter: "because it's the same area that it was seen!"

Ironwood: "...it being what?"

*meanwhile Y/n's POV*
Winter: "babe, I must protest! Whoever this is can hack your scroll! They could be dangerous!"

Y/n: "they hacked my mainframe in order to punch through the firewall around Iron tech. Only reason they did that is so they could send me this message. They didn't hack my scroll. They have my number."

Winter: "there's not many who have your number... this is concerning me."

Y/n: "precisely why I want you to be waiting outside the door. If I stop talking, or if anything worrying happens that you hear, come in. Ok? And if nothing else... I've got the suit stationed in the floor right in front of where I'll be standing. Vicky, are the thrusters fully calibrated now?"

Vicky: "yes boss. They will work perfectly, just try not to use the replusors on this person. We kinda need them alive."

*timeskip*
I watch the seconds tick by on my watch, waiting for midnight. '56, 57, 58, 59, 00' I slow my breathing and walk towards my balcony. I can see someone there, framed in the moonlight, a frame almost as perfect as Winter's, the long black hair cascading down her back. She's sipping from the glass of wine placed on the side awaiting her arrival. I slide open the doors and saunter out.