The aftermath

*Y/n's POV*
Echoed voices ring through my head as I come in and out of consciousness

I'm lead down on something, looking up at Winter's face, the bright lights of a hallway as we rush down it, blind my vision
Winter: "Y/n? Y/n if you can hear me, you're safe and I'm right here with you, ok?"

I try to nod at her and she smiles holding back tears

My vision fades to black then the bright light almost instantly shows another image, this time of several people in surgical masks, one pulls their mask down and it's Winter again, I can feel her holding my hand

Winter: "I'm still here. Promise me you wont leave me ok?"

I squeeze her hand in my left hand
Y/n: "I p...prom...ise."

She smiles and I can see tears staining her cheeks
Winter: "I love you."

Y/n: "I lo... I love... y-you t...tooo."
My vision goes black as one of the other figures places a gas mask on my face.

When I regain consciousness I can hear the low, gruff voice of my uncle James talking to someone else

Ironwood: "what happened doctor?"

Doctor: "I'm afraid we couldn't save his arm. Too much damage had been done. Otherwise he's healthy and should make a full recovery. But I don't want him over exuding himself too quickly, it could be a problem later on down the line."

Ironwood: "what do you mean?"

Doctor: "I've had patients like Y/n in here before, hard working career types who throw themselves back into their work rather than acknowledge the trauma. I want him to take it easy, have someone keep an eye on him at all times if possible."

Ironwood: "I'll let Winter know. I'm sure she won't mind staying with him."

Doctor: "just make sure she gets some sleep too."

Ironwood: "I will. Thank you doctor... um?"

Doctor: "oh Strange. Doctor Stephen Strange."

Ironwood: "you have my thanks Doctor Strange."

My vision begins to return to me and I can see I'm in a hospital ward, Winter's asleep curled up in a chair to my right with my suit jacket over her. Uncle James walks in and smiles, seeing me awake

Ironwood: *whisper* "you're alright Y/n, you're safe."

Y/n: "*groan* what happened?"

Ironwood: "you were abducted. You managed to escape on your own, not surprising of course. I did say to Winter you'd find a way out if we didn't get to you first."

Y/n: "is she ok?" I try to move my arm to stroke her hand, but as I lift my arm out from under the covers all there is, is a stump... "oh..."

Ironwood: "I'm sorry Y/n... they couldn't save your arm. It was touch and go if you were going to make it. 12 hours in surgery." He looks over to Winter peacefully sleeping "she never left your side. Poor thing's been awake for almost 2 days."

Y/n: "2 days? How long was I gone for?"

Ironwood: "they took you 4 days ago."

Y/n: "2 days as their prisoner? I... I don't really remember a lot. I remember fighting for my life. I can remember an hour at best... I don't wanna think about what happened the rest of the time I was held. How did you find me?"

Ironwood: "One of your employees found you 2 days later. Young lad by the name of Peter Parker?"

Y/: "heh, oh that kid is getting a pay rise before he's even started his first shift."