Will sighed, looking into the bathroom mirror as he put his clothes away and zipped up his bag. He needed to stop overthinking. It wasn't good for him.
He opened the door to the bathroom, and took once step right into Mike Wheeler.

He gasped and Mike let out a startled noise, practically falling ontop of Will.
Will held his friend up and Mike laughed, taking a step backwards. His hand was rubbing his neck awkwardly.
He was looking at the floor, and Will panicked. Why did he look so nervous? Did Dustin tell him?

"Sorry!" Will said, a convincing smile on his face. He pushed gently past Mike, who tilted his frame to the side and let Will past.
Will walked down the small hallway, glancing back at the bathroom door right before he entered Lucas' room.

Mike was still standing in the doorway, his hand behind his neck. He hadn't moved. He was watching Will but quickly turned away when Will caught him.
Will's heart skipped a beat. Was Mike staring at him when he thought that Will didn't see him?

Will shook his head clear of thoughts. He shouldn't get his hopes up.
As he walked into the bedroom he saw that Lucas and Dustin were already passed out, both snoring softly.

Will breathed out in relief. Dustin couldn't of told Mike. He would of gotten to excited about telling him, so there was no way he could fall asleep straight away. Mike tiptoed to the blow up mattress, laying down and pulling the fluffy duvet over him. He lay on the side next to the wall. He felt safer that way.

Sighing and closing his eyes, he began to drift off. Damn this duvet was comfy. It felt like heaven. He buried his nose and mouth under it so only his eyes were shown.
Just as he was falling asleep, he heard the door creak. He kept his eyes closed, still mentally beating himself up from earlier.

There was a moment of silence, too long of a silence. It doesn't take that long to walk across a room. Suddenly he heard shuffling and he felt Mike getting under the covers next to him.

Will felt butterflies erupt in his stomach. Mike was so close to him, he could hear his soft breathing and feel his comforting presence. He could get used to this.

Will must of been doing a pretty amazing job at pretending to be asleep, because he felt Mike reach out to Will's hand and brush against it experimentally.
Will's heart was racing. No, it was an accident. It couldn't be what he thought. Mike wasn't gay. He kissed that girl, El.

A moment passed, and Will thought his friend was falling asleep. He listened to the quiet of the room.

Suddenly, Mike moved again, switching off the bedside lamp that was next to Lucas' bed, coating the room in darkness.

Will silently freaked. He remembered that he always told the other boys that no lights were to be turned off until he was asleep. He was afraid of the dark. He always had been but now it was worse than ever after spending a week in darkness in the Upside Down.

Of course it was intentional that Mike reached out and touched Will's hand. He had tried to see if he was awake.

A tear rolled down his cheek and he breathed out a shaky breath. He was terrified. He wouldn't be able to sleep now. The duvet didn't feel nice anymore. It felt like it was swallowing him whole. He let out another shaky breath.

In a silent panic, he reached out to anything to hold onto. Of course, the nearest thing was Mike. He grabbed onto the other boy's arm. Mike was facing away from him, but turned around when he felt Will suddenly hold onto him tightly.
Will's hands were trembling uncontrollably. He could hear it. He swore that he could hear it roaring in the distance, echoing through the town.

Realising what was going on, Mike turned around fully and pulled the boy to his chest, turning on the light with one arm, holding him with the other. Thankfully the others were not woken by the light, but Lucas grunted in his sleep.
He turned back to the trembling boy rubbing his back slowly. "Oh my god, I'm sorry Will."

Will felt a bit safer now that he could see again, but he could barely speak. He clung onto the back of Mike's t shirt as he hugged him tightly, staining his friend's front with tears. "Sorry." he whispered.

"No," Mike whispered back, "I understand. I thought you were asleep."
He held him there for a while. Will stopped shaking and his tight grip on his friend relaxed.
He didn't move, still needing the closeness.
Being able to process coherant thought again, he realised what was happening. He was buried in the chest of Mike Wheeler, his best friend whom he had a massive crush on.
He smiled an exhausted smile. This wasn't so bad.

Mike smelled nice too. He smelled of vanilla, but it had an edge to it.
Mike pulled back slightly much to Will's dismay. He didn't let go, but he watched Will's face.

Reaching out, he wiped away a tear from earlier. Will could barely breathe, but in a good way this time. They were so close. They didn't even need a double mattress at this point because they were both sharing Mike's pillow.

Then Mike did something that Will never expected. He kissed him. It was short and gentle.
Will was trying to process what just happened when he did it again. Mike searched Will's face some sort of approval, beginning to panic.
After Will realised what the fuck just happened, he beamed and blushed, hiding his now red face.

Mike's features relaxed and he brought Will close to him again.

"How long?" Will whispered as he cuddled him.

"So long. I've liked you for so long." he said in a hushed voice.

Will turned an even darker shade of red, burying his face deeper into Mike's chest. "Same." he said quietly.

"Mmfh. Shut the fuck off." Lucas said sleepily, clearly half asleep.

Mike laughed quietly, Will feeling it in his chest as he giggled silently with him.

The two boys fell asleep then, listening to the soft heartbeat of each other.

Lucas woke up to his two friends cuddling that morning. He shaked Dustin awake, pointing to them. Dustin smiled knowingly. "About time." he said aloud and lay back down, leaving Lucas standing, looking utterly confused.