Saka ch12

Cana pov

When neji and I finally reached my house neji asked to come in as he needed to talk about something important with me,and as Asuma wasn't here so I let him in my room which Asuma would have been reluctant about as we're 'opposite genders and under age'.

"So what's up" I asked and neji looked a little scared to tell me what he wanted to making my mind run wild -which shouldn't be allowed- with things like:
what if he's going to ask me out
What if he wants me to stop talking to him
What if I'm really annoying
What if he is mad I became chunin before him... oh shit I haven't even told him that what if he's mad I didn't tell him.

"Listen don't get upset..." he started slowly and all I could thing was... oh shit what did I do?

"I over heard a convocation the hokage was having a convocation with some anbu who he was sending on a mission to guard the Saka clan from the shadows" neji started glancing up at me to see if I was still following and I nodded slowly with curiosity to why my clan needs protection... was it because of what happened to my mother?

"You're probably confused right about now as to why... well apparently the saka clan... are being killed one by one at random there isn't a pattern at all I found the kill list in the office ones when I was snooping around, first was:
Rin saka, your mother
Amber saka
Dylan saka
Shinka saka
Ryu saka
Kaku sake
Iruka saka
Chiyo saka
Haku saka
And finally obi saka.
I'm really sorry Hailey but your clan is being vastly hunted by the akatsuki and the anbu can't even find out when an attack would fall they just know it's at night when they can't fight back as they're asleep" neji explained and a I just stared at him on shock and confusion... why would someone want to kill my clan? We're only a small clan to begin with.

A few tears dripped from the corner of my eye and trickled down my rosy cheek before falling off my chin as if it was a cliff, neji acted fast and shoved my face into his shirt gently and hugged me tight as he rubbed circles on my back as I stated sobbing into his chest. Obi was my uncle Chiyo was my aunt and most of the others shared a similar relationship with me but they're all dropping dead... at the hands of the akatsuki.

"The hokage probably didn't want you to know" Neji muttered but it was more to himself than me.

After a while I fell tired and was in a mix of sleep and awake, neji noticed and lay me on my bed and put the cover over me and went to leave but I awkwardly grabbed his wrist and asked him to stay and he nodded so I moved over in my bed allowing him to lie next to me and he pulled me into a comforting hug as I drifted to sleep and I swear he kissed my forehead but I'm unsure as my awareness was fading and I tumbled into a restless slumber.