Chapter 6

They all look at the gates. "Whoa, whoa. This is a graveyard." protested Max. "It's hallowed ground. Witches can't set foot here." said the cat. Everyone else stares at the cat shocked. "He talks." said Max in explanation. "Follow me." the cat said entering the cemetery. Everyone follows the cat to a head-stone. "William Butcherson? Lost soul?" said Max reading the stone. "Billy Butcherson was Winifred's lover, but she found him sporting with her sister, Sarah, so she poisoned him and sewed his mouth shut with a dull needle. So he couldn't tell her secrets, even in death. Winifred always was the jealous type." explained the cat. "You're Thackary Binx." said Allison. "Yes." replied Binx. "So the legends are true." said Allison. "Well, come along. I want to show you something else." Binx said running to another section of the cemetery. The rest follow him.

Back at the cottage, the witches hide in the bushes and watch as two firefighters exit their house. "Teenagers again. I hate Halloween." said one of them. "Man, this is the worst night of the year." said the other. "Who are they?" Mary asked. "Boys!" said Sarah excitedly. "Witch hunters! Observe, they wear black robes, and carry axes to chop the wood to burn us." said Winifred. "Hold me!" Mary cried out in fear. Winifred pushes her away while Sarah eats a spider. "Umm, Winnie, there's something I must tell you about the boy." said Mary. "What is it?" asked Winifred. "The boy...he has demon's blood in him. I believe it's Azazel's work." answered Mary. "*gasp* Really? Dost thou lie to me?" replied Winifred shocked. Mary shakes her head 'no'. "Do you know what this means, sisters. In about 12 to 15 years the gates of h*ll will open! Thus releasing dear, sweet Lilith, who shall break the 66 seals and the apocalypse will begin. And Lucifer will walk the earth!" said Winifred. "Yay! Master!" cheered Sarah. The witches cackle in pure delight.

Then something occurred to Winifred. "Sisters! Let me make one thing perfectly clear. The magic that brought us back only works tonight on All Hallows Eve. When the sun comes up, we're dust. Toast." said Winifred. Sarah gasped and Mary screamed. "Fortunately, the potion I brewed the night we were hanged will keep us alive and young forever." explained Winifred. The other two sigh in relief. "Unfortunately, the recipe for that potion is in my spell book, and the little wretches have stolen it. Therefore it stands to reason, does it not, sisters dear, that if we are to survive the night and see the coming of Lucifer; we must find the book, brew the potion, and suck the lives out of the children of Salem before sunrise? Otherwise it's curtains, we have half, we cease to exist. Dost thou comprehend?" Winifred explained to her sisters. Mary babbled on praising Winifred as Sarah played with her hair and dress. The sisters fly off on their brooms.