Chapter 15: Epilogue

:::::::::::: No one's POV ::::::::::::

When Mabel opened her eyes, she was in a room with a dim light. When she tried to get up, her body felt heavy.

Flashbacks of the battle came back to her mind and a tear fell on her face.

When she felt strong enough to move, she sat down despite the atrocious pain in her stomach and she looked around.

Next to her, there were other beds with white blankets like hers. All people had bandages on their body and some had bite marks. There were tables with bandages and other things and on the bedside tables beside the beds, there was medicine for each one. The room was lit only by candles, as the windows were covered with heavy curtains.

She looked down and saw that she was wearing a simple white t-shirt. She lifted it up and she saw a blood-stained bandage around her stomach.

At that moment she remembered the promise she had made to Pacifica when she returned the day she had the last fight with her brother.

●○◌◦ ~ Flashback ~ ◦◌○●

She went to the infirmary. When her brother grabbed her arm, he had buried his nails in her skin, so she had to have the wound bandaged.

As soon as she arrived, Pacifica ran to hug me. They had got together the day after she had returned from the castle.

They talked for hours about what had happened and about Dipper as she bandaged her arm

They talked for hours about what had happened and about Dipper as she bandaged her arm. She had become our nurse since she had studied medicine before being taken to the castle.

She was worried about Mabel possibly getting hurt, so she made her promise to come back safe and sound to her, whatever was going on.

●○◌◦ ~ End of flashback ~ ◦◌○●

M: Sorry Paz... I couldn't keep my promise...

At that moment the door opened and a girl with black eyes and blonde hair entered. The last time Mabel saw her she could have sworn they were purple.

C: Wake up, humans. Those of you who aren't in a coma, come with me to the throne room. Do not pretend to be asleep or unable to stand up, because I know who is able to come and who not.

Mabel got up without hesitation. They were about fifty standing, there were five sleeping people in the beds, probably in a coma as she said, or something similar.

The vampire noticed that one person couldn't get up even though he was trying, while two limped.

Her face seemed to soften a little and she brought a wheelchair and crutches for them.

C: Now follow me to the throne room. Don't try to escape and don't play with me, I think we have already fought enough.

The throne room was lit by giants candelabras and the moonlight through the big windows.