Chapter 10: Lothlórien

Estelwen (Alastegiel) POV

Immediately the tears started to fall down my face. Why couldn't it have been me. I came with the Fellowship to keep everyone safe, and now Gandalf my only true friend is dead. I just wish there was something I could do. But I know in my heart, he is long gone.

We ran out of the Mines. As soon as I got out, I fell to my knees. And bowed my head and said a prayer for him. Then I just let the tears fall down my face. Paying no attention to anything else that is going on.

Then I realize that the others are probably having a hard time too. I better help them. I look up to see Aragorn and Legolas getting everyone up. We must be leaving now.

Soon we get to the Lothlorien forest. Frodo seems to be the one having the hardest time with Gandalf's passing. So I decide to go over and comfort him.

“Don't worry Frodo, he will be alright. There is still the possibility he did not die." I say to Frodo, trying to give him some hope.

“You really thinks so?" He asks me, hope in his voice.

“Of course, so try not to worry about it. Have hope, no matter what anyone says."

“Thank you so much, Alastegiel." He said to me then gave me a hug. I hug him back tightly.

“Stay close young hobbits. They say there's a great sorceress living in these woods. An Elf-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell... and are never seen again." Gimli warns the hobbits. I roll my eyes. He is talking about my Naneth (Mom), Lady Galadriel. He has no idea what he is saying.

We are close enough to where my Naneth can look into your minds. I know what I have to do. Block all my memories of me being Estelwen. And be thinking about my life as Alastegiel. It is not the time yet for her to be remembering me.

I am so caught up in my thoughts that I barley hear Gimli say, “I have the eyes of a Hawk and the ears of a Fox." Then I notice arrows pointing at us.

“The dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark." I hear a voice say. It sounds very familiar. The person steps out and I couldn't believe my eyes. Haldir?

~~~~~~

Sorry it is short. I meant to make it longer, but I decided I was going to update twice today. So be looking for another update later.

                 ~Ellethwen <3