"Because I haven't wanted you too. My reputation has a lot to do with it though." He said dryly. "And my old ideals and beliefs. Can you imagine how much worse Voldemort would have been if he had known of my existence? How much more angry and vengeful he would have been, if he had known how I feel."

Dumbledore nodded his head. "Yes, you are right. He would have been much, much worse."

"I did help with the first war, and I did what I could to save people's lives." Then he looked at Harry. "I'm sorry for all the pain he caused you. If I hadn't been the way I was, none of that would have happened to you. I did all I could to keep your parents safe, once I knew he was after them. I'm so sorry."

"It's in the past." Harry said. "Circumstances played out that no one saw coming. I know that now. It's not your fault. It's ok."

Salazar nodded. "Thank you for being so kind."

"He's a Gryffindor." I whispered loudly, and everyone snickered.

"But why now?" Klaus asked. "Why did you choose now, to revel to us that your still here?"

Salazar smiled at him. "Because of that." He said, and gestured toward the Slytherin table. "Look at them. When would you have found so many Slytherins embracing a muggle tradition, and participating in something so simple as dressing up in muggle costumes. Voldemort is gone, and the wounds are starting to heal. Slytherins are beginning to realize that the old ways are no more. Yes, there will always be dark wizards, and yes, there will always be dark magic, but that is a way of life. All of those children have come to see me in the common room, some before it was Lynn's, but some after, and they have written to their parents telling them about me, and what I have been saying. Their parents are listening." He turned to the Malfoys, Crabbes, and Goyles, and smiled. "You were the first, and since then many more have been told, and many more agree. It's time to let go of the old ways. More so now than ever before, because Voldemort is gone, and there is nothing more to fear. Also because of you my dear child. I chose now, because it's time." He said with a smile.

"But Pansy's parents..." I started to say.

"Pansy's parents," He interrupted, "and those like them are, as I have said before, brainless idiots. There will always be people like Pansy and her parents. It's the majority that matters."

"Salazar, would you like to speak to the school?" Dumbledore asked, motioning toward the front.

"Albus, I would consider it an honor." He said with a slight nod.

We made our way to the front, but the rest of us took our seats at the Slytherin table. Dumbledore stood at the podium with Salazar, and cleared his throat.

"Hogwarts students, parents, Professors, and ghosts, some of you may recognize the man standing beside me. However, I understand that many of you don't. You are all aware of vampires, because we have a few," He said, glancing and smiling at us, "who frequent the castle quite often. There is another that I'd like to introduce to you now. I beg you all, please listen to what he has to say. Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce one of Hogwarts very own founders, Salazar Slytherin."

There was a stunned silence as Salazar stepped up to speak.

"It's a shock. I know." He began with a small chuckle. "It's been 1,000 years since I last stood here looking out at children's smiling faces. I understand there may be a few of you who are downright terrified to see me, because of your blood status. I want to say right here and now, your blood status doesn't matter to me. The world today is a lot different than it was 1,000 years ago. Muggles are no longer trying to kill witches and wizards, and therefore, I have no problems with muggles, muggle borns, or half bloods any longer. Anyone with magical blood should be welcome to study here at Hogwarts. I hope by my saying that, that it puts you all at ease. I'm no longer the man that I was. Times change, and if given enough time, people can change. I have lived for 1,100 years, and that's a long time to be walking this earth. I would now like to address my Slytherins specifically. That is, if Professor Snape will allow me to call you mine. By the way, has Sherlock Holmes found the real Professor Snape yet, because I agree, he wouldn't have awarded points to a Gryffindor." Salazar said, and the great hall burst into laughter.