"We need to plan his funeral," her mother said. Evelyn used her free hand to wipe away her tears as she nodded.

"I don't want to do it where that man's wife had her funeral," Evelyn whispered. "It's the reason why he killed himself. Because of that... damn case!"

Her mother sighed as she gave her a perturbed expression. "Don't say that, Evelyn. It was his job to solve murder cases. He was doing what he was trained to do; bring justice."

"And yet it cost him his life." Evelyn stood from the table and stormed out of the dining room, leaving Sarah and her grandmother alone.

"How are you taking it, Sarah?" The elderly woman asked. Sarah shrugged and pursed her lips, picking at a hangnail on her thumb. She wasn't speaking much, and was taking a few days off from school. Since no one was really friends with Sarah at school, except for Heather, she didn't need to talk to anyone about her absence, which made her feel at ease. But then she started to feel bad that all she could think about was the fact that she was more concerned about having to talk with others than her fathers supposed suicide.

"Nana, I... would rather not talk about it. I just want to not think about him right now."

Her grandmother nodded and gave her a kiss on the forehead before she walked out of the dining room to leave Sarah be. The young girl folded her hands on the table, having a blank expression plastered on her face. She wanted to cry, get all the emotions out. But she didn't have the energy to do so. She just wanted to curl up in a ball and not think anymore.

-x-

Ray set down his coffee, with some alcohol in it, down on his desk, looking over the classroom as everyone was settling down. It was the last class of the day, and the last class of the first week of school, so everyone was jumpy and excited to leave. There was so much energy in the classroom, but a grim mood was secretly drifting in the room, mainly around Sarah's desk. She was the only student absent.

"Now, I know everyone is very excited to get out of school, but let's stay focused." The happy and jittery mood was confusing to Ray who also felt the sad mood since he was afterall the only one who knew of Sarah's father.

He went on to teach the class, trying not to let Seth's suicide disrupt his teaching ability. But at one point while he was talking to the class, his eyes wandered over to the windows, watching as a few blue birds soar through the sky, free as ever. Ray wondered if maybe Seth was free now from the stress his wife's murder had caused him.

If he was free, Ray wanted to be free just like him.

He looked down to the ground, trying to estimate how high up he was. If maybe he just jumped out the window then he would hit the ground outside. He would hit it so hard that his head would crack open and his brains would spill out. Or maybe his ribs would be crushed and pierce his heart.

Ray looked back to the classroom and smiled, speaking to his students as if he didn't just think of killing himself.

-x-

Surprise was written all over Jordan's face as she looked at Walter who walked into the FBI squad room. She pulled him close into a warm hug as she tried her best to comfort him.

"I am... so sorry," she whispered. Jonathan was sitting at his desk, watching as Walter was standing with his arms awkwardly wrapped around Jordan. He would usually be gushing over her and look so full of life whenever she was around him. But now he just seemed so emotionless.