Unpacking and Exploring

A/N Okay, two uploads it one day...idk about this chapter- just a filler. I've got some ideas for this story for the future, hope you enjoyyyyy xxx

MADDIE'S POV

This ship was beautiful, sure it was full with annoying families, but the interior was gorgeous. Cream painted walled, spacious cabins, and a great view of the water and surrounding islands. Our cabin was decorated casually, the walls covered with artistic prints and the floorboards shiny and new. When dad mentioned a cruise, I thought of damp, mouldy beds, dripping ceilings and cramped decks, not this! How much did dad pay for this?! Our cabin provided two small bedrooms, one living room, a small kitchen and a tiny-but usable-bathroom. When you entered, you arrived in the living room, a small, blue two-seater couch was featured the middle of the room, a television was propped up on a DVD cabinet, you walked through the one door visable in the living room and entered the kitchen. The kitchen had a single-sized silver fridge, marble benchtops and a new stove/oven. From the kitchen there were three doorways, one leading to the bathroom, a small room featuring a shower and a toilet, then the other two doors led two the bedrooms. One bedroom was my father's, a queen-sized bed in the middle of the room, plush blue covers and crisp white pillows. Lastly was my bedroom, a single bed pushed over in the corner, a large, dark oak dresser and a turquiose desk, with a vintage chair.

"Woah!" I shrilled, suitcase trailing behind me as I entered the cabin for the first time. My dad nodded in agreement, gazing around at the beautifully-furnished room. My father disappeared for a minute and soon returned, "Alright hon, I'm gonna go check on Josh, you coming?" He asked, ruffling my hair. I rolled my eyes, no thanks. "Um, sorry dad, but I'm gonna stay here and unpack...sorry?" I said looking around anxiously. "Sure thing kiddo, no problem" He bent down to my low 4 ft, and kissed my forehead gently. He kicked his suitcase into the corner and and left, slamming the door behind him and traveled down the hall toward the other cabins. I sighed, looking around. I strolled through the living room and through the kitchen, taking in the beauty. I walked into my room and started unpacking my clothing into the dresser, folding them neatly. I neared the bottom of my suitcase and found my entertainment pile, containing books and magazines. I gently picked up my books and placed them on the blue desk. I decided to change my outfit, my current one dripped in sweat from the burning sun. I picked out a pair of green cargo shorts, a plain black v-neck t-shirt, and some gladiator sandals. As for my hair, I pulled it up into a ponytail, leaving a few strands to frame my face. Just then, I heard my dad enter the cabin loudly, "Mads? I'm back!" He shouted, looking for me. I appereared in the living room, waving a little. "I spoke to Josh, dinner's at seven, on the deck." I nodded, taking in the information. "So you can explore, or chill here. Whatever you like until then, I'll be here, getting settled in," He said, retrieving his suitcase and started wheeling it to his bedroom. "I guess I'll explore for a while," I said glancing at my watch. He nodded and disappeared, unpacking. I jogged to my bedroom, grabbing my floral sholder bag. I placed a novel in there, as well as my phone, purse, and an apple just incase I become hungry. I yell a quick "Bye!" before exiting to explore. I navigated my way throughout the halls of cabins, racing up the stairs and onto the deck.

On the deck, there was a lot of space, a large swimming pool taking up the majority of the room, but still quite a lot of place to roam. Surrounding the pool were lots of young children, squealing and splashing about, their mothers and fathers lounging on pool chairs. The view was magnificent, aqua water shining in my eyes, blocked off by a firm, steel railing. I felt the sun belting down on my back, probably creating a burn, I curse under my breath, scolding myself for forgetting sunscreen. I strolled around the deck until I reached a small, fake garden. It included fake grass and some real flowers, blooming in the harsh sun, I sat down cross-legged, enjoying my time and taking in the beauty. I snapped a few selfies and read a few pages of my novel until I closed my eyes, relaxing.That's until I heard the familiar British voice of Joshua, and his wife. My eyes snap open, wanting to avoid them. I peeked around the garden until I saw the family of four, gazing around. I hid behind the bush I was behind even more, slowly picking up my bag and slipping it onto my shoulder. People were filling the entrance, blocking my view of them. I took an deep breath and sprinted, not wanting to encounter them. I made it halfway, before I heard a loud "Maddie!" I slowly turned around, horrified. It was them, all four waving at me. They approached quickly, still waving. "How are you Mads?" Joshua asked poshly, running a hand through his slick brown hair. I gulped and faked a smile, earning a chuckle from Lucas. I glared at him and muttered, "Okay, thanks," I pulled my hand up above my eyes, blocking the sun. "Look, it was great running into you, but I've really gotta go check on my dad..." I faked a worried expression, glancing around nervously. Joshua seemed suprised, "Oh, of course! See you tonight!" He waved, and the family turned around retreating. I sighed thankfully, I really dislike that family, I shook my head in wonder. Maybe it was them being too friendly, or their annoying excuse of a son, or maybe it's just them talking to me, "The world may never know," I muttered under my breath.

I checked my watch, 5:00pm, what to do, what to do, what to do? I decided to check out the dining room, kitchen, and show room. The dining room consisted of tables everywhere, rectangle and round, suitable for any family or group, at the front of the room, there was a long buffet table, currently being settup by chefs. With the quick glance at the kitchen I got, I saw multiple benches, with meals being preprepared. Wow, this place would've costed a fortune! How did dad afford this with his unstable job and salary? I shook my head, clearing the thought. I walked the short distance to the show room, it was a large room with a stage up front, a sign propped at the front: Like preforming? Contact one of the main staff working aboard and sign up to preform! Dancing, comedy act, singing or whatever you like! Be quick, places are filling up! Yeah...no, as if I'd ever do that! I wonder if any strippers preform...? I chuckle and shake my head, walking past the multiple rows of chairs set up and went back to our cabin. "Dad? I'm back!" I yelled, making my way to his room. He was lying on his bed, when he heard me he propped open an eye. "Hey gorgeous, how'd you go?" I smiled at him and sat on the end of the bed. "Great thanks, there's so much space!" I chuckled, waving my arms around. He rolled his eyes and placed his arms behind his neck, "I know, I am the one who booked this, you know? Anyways, better get readty for dinner, dress nicely!" He warned cracking a smile. Oh joy.

Hey guys! I hope this chapter is a big longer than others, just explaining what the ship looks like and the weather conditions. I hope you enjoyed :) Until next time, lick your elbow, build a snowman, and sing a song :D Have a nice day xx