Chapter Twenty: It's Me

Start from the beginning

That was when my eyes landed on the one thing I was dreading for ever since the start of this movie.

Collin and Ellie kiss.

My brain was just trying to process that one single line, my hands starting to get clammy.

There was no way in hell am I kissing Axel Brooks.

“Do you understand?” the woman asked and I lifted my head to look at her before giving her a soft nod.

She smiled appreciatively, tucking her pen at the back of her ear before walking to talk to another member of the crew.

“Now what were you saying, Valentine?” Axel inquired, turning his attention back to me.

I blinked at him, standing up from my seat. He looked at me, his eyebrows scrunching in confusion about my sudden flip of personality.

Well, my lips are about touch a person I despise, I question how you can be so calm about it.

“Do you know what scene we’re going to do today?” I demanded.

He opened his script and started looking for the ones we were supposed to act. His eyes finally landed on the page that has gotten me so cold.

The way he acted, it was obvious he knew about it. He wasn’t as shocked as I was, it was like he was mentally preparing himself the whole time.

“Don’t be like that, Valentine,” he scoffed, his voice strained, “It’s as if I want to kiss you.”

Alright, the feeling is mutual.

Plopping back on the chair, I sighed, “Make sure you have a bucket ready for me.”

“Make that two,” he quipped.

Massaging my temples, I closed my eyes, took in a deep breath and counted in my head to help soothe myself. This is going to be a piece of cake, I have done a lot of kiss scenes before, some with actors who is as arrogant as Axel, I should be just fine.

“Never mind,” I huffed, as entertaining it was to argue with him, I much prefer when we aren’t pulling each other’s head off.

“So while we’re on the topic of kisses,” I managed to cough out, “Let’s talk about our first kiss.”

He raised a brow at me, asking if I was really serious. I shrugged at him, matching his look with a one of my own.

“Alright then,” he said, closing his script and turning his body to me, “Who was your first kiss.”

A small blush and a gentle smile came to my face as I reminisced the memory of innocence, “Adam.”

He scoffed instantly at the new piece of information, “Should have known.”

I ignored his negative reaction and closed my eyes. It was when we were kids, one of those little things we did as a joke. It was in the middle of the playground during primary school, it was a challenge to tell our classmates that we cannot get infected by simply kissing the opposite gender.

It didn’t mean much if you think about it, but for me, it was.

When I cracked my eyes open, he was staring at me with new fascination. I reached out and slapped him lightly on the shoulder, “Don’t look at me like that.”

His lips was pressed into a tight line as he shook his head, “You really like him, don’t you?”

I looked down on the floor before nodding at his question, “Yes, yes I do.”