Chapter Twenty: It's Me

“How does roses sound?” Axel asked, his voice filled with honest curiosity.

I lifted my eyes from my script and rolled my eyes playfully, “Most girls like it, some don’t.”

“You?”

I tapped my chin and smiled, “I’m a sap, so yeah, I like roses.”

He nodded, turning his attention back to the script he was trying to memorize. A few weeks and Axel claimed that he hasn’t told this mystery girl his feelings yet. He comes to me for advice and those are the only times we actually acted decent with each other.

It’s kind of nice, not fighting every single second.

George suddenly came behind as and dropped his arms on our shoulders, “Big day!”

We both jumped in surprise before turning to look at him, “And why is it?”

Turning to the set, everything looked the same. Everybody was looking like they were bored with another day of work, except for George – he was bouncing like a kid finally getting his candy.

He switched his gaze from me to Axel before his grin became bigger than ever. Axel and I shared a suspecting look before our wonderful producer started retreating away from us, chuckling like a proud Santa Claus.

Weird.

“So where’ the bloke?” Axel sat back down on his chair, referring to Adam.

“Having a date with sleep,” I mumbled, leaning against the armrest. I swear, that boy loves sleep more than he likes me. When I told him that I was needed for set earlier than usual, he simply rolled back into his bed, telling that he’ll stay at home for the day.

Oh dear, it was too early in the morning to argue.

Axel nodded beside my before shooting me with another girl inquiry, “What if I give her chocolates?”

“Damn it, boy, you sure are whipped,” I let out a giggle. He stared at me for a moment with an expression I couldn’t quite identify.

Please don’t tell me I just hurt him.

Well, that proves my speculation – he was extremely whipped.

Sighing, I stared up at the ceiling, “Trust me, if she likes you the way you want to, anything you will give her, she will like.”

“That’s the problem,” I heard him mutter from beside me, “She doesn’t like me.”

He was as scared when it comes to relationships as me. He looked so down next to me and I couldn’t help but feel bad for him.

He really likes this girl.

I tore piece of paper from my script and crumpled it into a little ball, I threw it at him and it him square on his left cheek.

Axel switched his gaze to me and I smiled, “Don’t say that until she tells you herself.”

He let out a scoff and crossed his arms, “She already told me, plus she likes another guy.”

Ouch.

Before I could speak, a woman holding a clipboard approached as looked at the paper in her hands, “We’re shooting scene nineteen to scene twenty-one this morning,” she relayed, giving us a brief explanation on where we’ll start.

Axel kept nodding as I started to flip the pages of my script, looking at the scene she was talking about.

When I reached the page of scene nineteen, my eyes scanned the page as I kept nodding, refreshing my head with the lines I was supposed to recite.