Chapter 44: The Girls' Demands

Start from the beginning

"Oh, come on guys," Amity said. "It wasn't that big of a deal."

"Maybe not once," said Marley, "but Kitty's right. He does this a lot. Last year, it took him about three performances to realize that Jake and I had broken up."

"He knew about what I did to you," Bree shrugged.

"That's because you made sure everyone knew," Marley responded, rolling her eyes.

"Wait, so he doesn't notice what's going on even after people sing to each other?" Shana asked, confused.

"Does that mean he doesn't know about Dan and me?" Harmony asked, laughing.

"Probably not," said Julie, crossing her arms. "Then again, most people wouldn't since you treat him more like your slave than your boyfriend."

"Okay, you don't know--" exclaimed Harmony defensively.

"Enough, enough," Kitty quieted them down. "I called this meeting with an understanding that we wouldn't fight among each other."

"Kitty's right girls," Unique spoke up. "We need to stop fighting with each other. It's those boys we should be turning against, not one another."

"Agreed," said Kitty. "And we need to stand up for ourselves and express what we want, just like Amity did yesterday."

"It didn't even work," Amity pointed out. "He hasn't talked to me since."

"Give it time," said Bree. "You guys are new. Anyway, I haven't really been paying attention to anyone's troubles lately. What else is going on?" When nobody spoke up, Bree turned to Kitty, who had begun the discussion.

Kitty sighed. "John and I had a talk at Amity's party," she said, "and he was kind of talking circles so I'm not really sure where we stand at this point."

"John didn't mention you guys were still having trouble," Julie said, confused. "All we talked about was the Jake situ... I mean, the—"

"Ryder?" said Bree. "Did you mean about how Ryder mistakingly thought you were seeing Jake behind his back?"

"Umm," Julie started. Bree gave her a look, indicating that she'd better go along with it. "I mean," she said. "Yeah. That whole mess. Which is hopefully fixed by now."

"Well, that's what you have to do," said Kitty. "Show Ryder that he's the one that you want." Julie didn't respond, not knowing whether that was even true at this point.

"And you," Bree told Kitty, "need to put your foot down with John. He gets away with a lot and I think you need to be clear before you guys keep going. I mean, he's graduating and you two need to have a plan for what will happen after he goes away."

"If he even does," Kitty sighed.

"People change after they leave high school," Julie shrugged. "I think Bree's right. It's a good time to have that talk."

"Marley, what are you up to on the guy department?" Bree asked suddenly. "I know you don't have a boyfriend and that that's my fault. And I'm sorry for being a bitch about it. But if us girls are going to band together we should help you with whatever romantic issues you're having."

"I'm not seeing anyone," Marley responded curtly. 

Kitty raised an eyebrow. "Are you crushing on someone?"

"No," Marley said, a bit nervously. "Not really. But, uh, I think if we all band together like you guys said, we can finally stop letting those boys step all over us and cause us trouble."

With that, the attention shifted back to making demands from the guys. By the end of lunch, they had an entire list of demands they had made to give to Mr. Schue and the rest of the guys after school. Before they met up in the choir room with them, however, Bree held Julie back.