Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Hermes' POV

Than was leaning against the counter next to the stove and Hypnos was sitting on the counter next to him as I cooked us all something to eat. Our minds were reeling from what Hades had told us. Their sisters were behind this. They wanted us separated so badly that they called in Hades to do it for them.

"So what are we going to do about them?" Hypnos finally asked.

"What can we do?" Than asked. "They're our sisters and I don't feel right just killing them." He muttered.

"Well if we don't do it then they'll most likely try something else to get our attention. The next time it could be an even worse attack on all three of us or they could just attack Hermes. They need the two of us alive but to them Hermes is expendable." Hypnos explained.

"Wonderful." I droned.

"Don't worry. We won't let anything happen to you." Than whispered hotly into my ear. A shiver ran down my spine as I was momentarily distracted from cooking by him.

"Stop teasing him or we'll never eat." Hypnos whined.

"Whatever." Than muttered in response.

"I think we need to go confront them." I told them.

"What do you mean confront them?" Hypnos asked.

"I mean go find them and figure out what the hell is going on." I told them.

"Hermes we already know what's going on. They're on some sort of power trip and the only way they can do that is to convince us to join them. As long as we don't join them then they can't cause too much trouble." Than explained.

"Well we can't keep letting them do what they're doing. They're slowly screwing up everything." I pouted as Hypnos walked to the cabinet pulling out three plates for us. He walked into the dining room and set everything up before walking back into the kitchen.

"So what should we do then?" He asked me as Than pulled a few glasses out the cabinet. He filled them all with something to drink before bringing them over to the table. We all sat down at the table and ate as we discussed possible options for handling the sisters.

"How about we get Hades to lock them up?" I asked hopefully.

"We can't do that. They still have jobs to do regardless of how they're acting unless we have another god to take over their duties." Hypnos explained.

"Well if we can get someone else to take over their duties then can we get them locked up?"

"Pet, it's not that simple. We'd have to be able to prove to Hades that they were trying to take over the Underworld for any of this to work. Without proof it just seems like a sibling rivalry." Than explained.