"I hate him." Louis sobbed.

"I know, I know. I hate him too." Niall agreed, rubbing his back.

"Why? Why did this have to happen?" he continued, just wanting to let it out.

"You didn't deserve it mate. You didn't deserve any of it." Niall reassured him.

"Why is he like this? WHY? Why do I feel like this? What's wrong with me? What's happening..." Louis trailed off as he cried harder.

"It's okay, Lou. You're allowed to feel like this. Just let it out." Niall said, still rubbing his back and stroking his hair.

"I fucking hate him." Louis continued crying. "His 'apology' just turned into another blow up. That's all that ever happens! Whenever we're near each other, we just blow up. It's too much. We're too much..."

"Shhh. Bud, it's okay. We'll get him back." Niall cooed.

"I don't want to." Louis whispered, squeezing his eyes closed.

"Huh?" Niall asked.

"I don't want to get him back. I don't want anything to do with him." Louis explained. "I will never even look his way again. He's scum. He's a fucking arrogant asshole who deserves everything bad in this world."

Niall nodded to himself. "Okay, if that's what you want." He said softly. "We'll do what you want."

Louis whimpered a little and pressed his face into Niall's leg as more tears flowed down his face.

"Fuck." Louis whispered.

Niall could only watch and try to comfort as his best friend let out all his emotions. He continued to just be there while Louis poured his heart out and eventually fell asleep.

Niall slowly rubbed his shoulder and back until his breaths evened out and he was sure that Louis was sleeping.

He slowly manoeuvred his body out from under Louis and stood up, careful not to wake him.

He pulled the duvet up to cover his body and tucked a pillow under his head.

Niall looked at him with a sad expression and took a step back.

Louis' face was red and wet with tears, a frown still present on in and all Niall wanted was for that pain to go away.

He turned around and closed the curtains before leaving turning the lights out and leaving the room, shutting the door after him.

Niall took a deep breath and ran his hands over his face. He didn't know what to do to help Louis. He wasn't sure what he could do to make it all go away.

He turned around to go down stairs and nearly bumped into another guy, Nick, who lived in the frat house with them.

"Oh, sorry, Grimmy." Niall said. "Didn't see you there."

Then, he looked at what he was holding.

He had a few buckets in his hands along with dishrags and a mop.

"It's okay, mate." Nick replied, his smile dropping when he saw Niall looking at his armfuls of cleaning equipment. "We're going to clean up outside, you know... the mess Harry made earlier."

Niall nodded. "Yeah, it'd be best to get that gone before he wakes up." Niall gestured towards Louis' room. "He doesn't need to be reminded."

Nick nodded sadly. "Uh, yeah. I heard about what happened, we all did, actually. I'm sor-"

"Don't." Niall interrupted him. "Just don't talk about it, yeah? He doesn't need to hear you all be sorry. Just act like it didn't happen and try to help him get back to normal."