16 | O P P S

Beginne am Anfang

"Hot skin, it felt like my throat was on fire, anytime he touched me it was like it would leave my skin burning— but I liked it."

"Kinky— Okay, Sorry." Sanaa started but Nakia nudged her arm and glared at her.

"Did anything happen afterwards? Did you two talk about it—"

"Or go again? Because men go like rabbits. They just don't stop."

Mbali rolled her eyes at Sanaa and chucked a grape at her head. "Shut up. You can't speak for the next few minutes. But no, we didn't do it again and we haven't really talked about it. I'd prefer to keep it that way—"

"Time to eat!" Ramonda popped her head into the kitchen with a smile before walking away. She was dressed in white and gold; since it was a dinner in the royal home, it was almost mandatory to look appropriate for dinners— she stressed specifically that on the third Friday of the month, everyone come dressed nicely. Hence, the long olive green dress that Mbali had on.

The three of them instantly stood and walked towards the large table that was in the opposite room. Ramonda at the head of the table and the seat where T'Chaka once sat still empty. The dora milaje came in and took their seats while Ramonda and Shuri came and did the same. "What's wrong Shuri?" Nakia asked, laughing at the irritated look on her face.

"This corset is very uncomfortable." She huffed. "How can I enjoy my food with this thing on, eh? Three bites of food and I'll pop out of it!" She ranted but stopped when Ramonda glared at her.

"You made the choice to it, Shuri."

"It was either this or that terrible dress with all the ruffles that'll make me look even more like a child— what's taking them so long?" She asked, referring to the men who were still missing from the table. And almost on cue, they came in dressed in their tribal colors: T'Challa in white, Erik in Blue, and M'Baku in brown.

"I'm glad you three came before Shuri could throw a fit." Nakia chuckled as T'Challa kisse her cheek and sat next to her. I looked over and saw Erik making his way to sit next to me, plopping down into his chair making Sanaa smirk at me. She really wasn't going to let me live anything down now. I looked around the room and noticed that one more face way missing.

"Where's Okoye?" I frowned and looked at T'Challa. His hands dropped the fork that he picked up and cleared his throat.

"She's currently spending time with W'Kabi. It's the only time she chooses to see him." He said to me and looked around at the food that was being brought to the table. "She eats with him and they talk."

"How's he been doing?" I asked and could feel Erik glaring at the side of my head like I was crazy.

"Why do you care?"

I turned and looked at him, sending him the same glare back. "Can I ask a question without you having a fit? I'm not showing him any sympathy. I'm asking because we've been gone and I don't know what's going on." I snapped back at him.

"You're asking about a nigga who tried to kill you—"

"Do you really want to start this here? Cause we can argue this in another room if you want to. If you want to get loud, we can definitely get loud." My eyes widened at him.