[Snatcher x Reader] Ghost of your problems

Pairing : Snatcher x Reader
Reader : Neutral
Category : Fluff, Death (multiple times), you rage alot.
Words : 727
Synopsis : You try and complete contracts for Snatcher, which ends up in him commenting and mocking your deaths, and you just have to calm down.

'I died.'
'AGAIN.'
'AT THIS STUPID PLATFORM FULL OF ****ING BIRDS.'

Cursed thoughts raced in your mind as you raged over your 24th death, while completing a contract for Snatcher himself.

"So, kid ? Dying again, I presume ? It's not like you're going anywhere."
"SHUT UP !"
You yelled in the void, at the ghost who was constantly commenting over your numerous deaths in this damned level.

"Ooooh, there's no need to yell kid, you're already fuming enough, aren't you ?"
He answered, with a sadistic laugh.
You groaned and jumped once again on the platforms, dodging the small crows, being careful to not kill any of them.
When you arrived at the wooden platform that previously caused your demise, you had to be careful not to wake up the explosive egg creature, whatever it's name was.

"Any progress here, kiddo?"

The sound of his voice echoed in the wind, startling awake the egg-thing, who exploded, killing off birds, and you aswell.

"GOD DARNIT I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU SNATCHER !"
"That might be a thing to reconsider kid. I'm already dead, not like you."
"I DON'T CARE ! I'M GOING TO FIND a WAY TO ****ING STRANGLE YOU UNTIL YOU DIE AGAIN YOU BASTARD !"
"Woah, go easy on the cursing, kiddo ! That's not pretty coming from a mouth like yours."
"STOP CALLING ME A KID !"
"Aw, sorry I'm just a heartless monster, kid."

That was it.
You hit the "Return to hub" button and were teleported in your ship, in a mad rage. Instead of going for your room, which you knew was occuped by the ghost of your problems, pun included, you went to the "entertainment" room, to do something to calm your nerves.
You saw the owl band, in the corner of the room, and walked towards them.

"Hello there ! Would you like us to play a tune, or swap out some music?"
"Just, play me a calming tune, please."
"Alright, this is one of our latest ones, it's actually a jazz arrangement of one of the boss themes."

After the owl finished speaking, the band started playing a soft, jazzy tune.
You sat down on a chair against the wall, and listened to the music, that soothed out your anger.
The music reminded you of those moments Snatcher wasn't yelling, or talking, or bothering you. He was simply there, reading his book, surrounded by pumpkin scented candles.
You realised you couldn't stay mad at them forever, no matter how much of a bastard, or a sadist he was to you. You perfectly knew he enjoyed torturing you, in those Death Wish levels, but you just . . forgave him.
You didn't know how that was possible, but you just accepted it. When the band finished playing, it occured to you it was infact "Your Contract has Expired", the shadow being's fight theme.
You got up from your seat, saying :

"Thank you, that was really neat."
"No problem ! We can play you a tune whenever you want !"

You waved them goodbye, as you walked towards your room, passing by the small roomba, constantly knocking itself into things. You entered the corridor, and finally opened the door.
Behind it was your room, not too colorful, except for the giant pile of pillows resting in its special spot. Snatcher was above it, resting on the side, and didn't even notice you entering. You were tired, after running all day.
You got into your small dressing room, closing off the curtain, and changed yourself into something more comfortable to sleep, pajamas. When you got out, Snatcher wasn't there anymore. You looked around you, but there was still no sign of him. You shrugged it off, and decided to go to bed, burrying yourself deep in your covers.
When Snatcher actually came back, you were fast asleep, and he observed you for a few seconds, before approaching you, and "kissing" your forehead, whispering :

"Goodnight, kiddo."

He went back to his pillowy spot, and blushed in embarassment over what he had just done.
He couldn't like you, could he ?
He glanced at your peaceful form one last time before getting his favourite book back.