18

-flashback-

It was a warm Sunday morning. Church had just let out.

"Mommy can we go to the park?" Violet asked her mother as she was strapped into her booster seat. She smiled.

"Well you were a good girl... Why not." Mrs. Hoffman over heard the other parents talking about taking their children to the park.

"Yay!" Violet cheered with a big smile as her mother got in and buckled.

"Its good for you to play anyways." Her mother said just before starting off.

The park was just between the church and the Hoffman household. It was kind of small, but the perfect size for a small town. They pulled in and Violet joined some of the children from her Sunday school class as her mother walked to the picnic tables to join the other moms. Violet climbed to the highest slide excited. Most girls her age where a bit scared of it but not her.

"Whoa little girl, are you sure you should be on this big kid slide all by yourself?" Violet turned a bit startled to see a dark headed man just below her by the slide. She smiled shyly.

"Im not afraid." She sat at the top then gave herself a small push. She smiled wide and through her hands up giggling as she slid. The air blew threw her long black locks. Her feet smacked the sand at the bottom. She stood and fixed her dress.

"Impressive, you are a brave one." She nodded smiling then hurried to climb the side of a small rock wall leading back up on the play gym. She knew she wasn't allowed to talk to strangers. The man turned watching her as she climbed. She reached the top and as she ran across the bridge she noticed the man spying on her. She became a bit skeptical so tuned down the way to a smaller spiral slide just the opposite side of the bigger slide. She had to wait in line a bit but it finally came her turn. She slid down smiling and reached the bottom. She scooted further out of the tunnel until her feet hit the ground. She looked to her side and saw the man from before walking across the parking lot to his car.

"Violet honey, you have to move so the other kids don't hit you going down." Her mother said pulling her from her concentration.

-Three days later-

Violet was happy to return to the park. Easter was coming so she was off of school for the week. She headed for her favorite slide and didn't hesitate to push herself down it on her stomach. "ah," she let out giggling as her hands landed in the sand. She slithered herself off then stood dusting off her hands on her shorts.

"Wow look at you wonder woman." Violet looked up a bit startled at a familiar voice. It was the dark haired man again. He had a big smile on. She gave a slight nervous smile. "So are you coming to the big Easter egg hunt this weekend?" He tilted his head a bit. Violet pulled her fingers to her mouth nervously. She peaked around some of the climbing things to see her mother chatting, laughing with a few other moms. "Whats wrong?" Violet straightened and looked at him.

"Um, Im not supposed to talk to strangers." She said in her sweetest voice. He smiled and nodded.

"That's really good. Y'know, I tell my daughter that all the time." Violet smiled.

"Is she here?" He smiled.

"Yeah, ummm," he began looking around. "Oh, right over there." He pointed. Violet turned and saw a girl with blonde hair swinging. "Im bringing her to the Easter egg hunt next weekend. You should come too. You guys can be on teams, and with your bravery you can climb the big slide and hunt for the big golden egg full of candy!" Violet turned back smiling at this idea.

"Really?! Whats her name?"

"Uh, Brittany. Her name is Brittany." Violet smiled.

"I have a Brittany in my class!" Violet said smiling. He smiled.