9

Four and a half months have passed. Everything at school was the same. Violet would be 16 now and I'll be 16 in a few weeks. I wanted to call her to wish her a happy birthday but I was never given her number. So much for staying in touch. I hope she's doing well. Here I've been doing so much worrying about her but she obviously hasn't worried much about me. Her mom was all poshly dressed when she came in that day to get her. They must be an uppity family meaning Violet has learned that shes much better than everyone else. They should be thankful that she's alive! I'm the one that found her! Why haven't I been informed of her progress? I slammed my locker shut as the bell rang. "Jeez bud! Who pissed in your cornflakes?" Tre said. I rolled my eyes and turned walking to class. We had second and third period together again in the new semester.

"Nothing just, don't worry about it."

"Is it that girl? 236 or Violet?"

"Violet and no!"

"Billie every few weeks you get pissed off about her. It's like she's your period or something."

"Tre! I'm not pissed off about her ok? I wasn't even thinking about her! Just drop it!"

"Alright just calm down."

"Fine... I'm sorry."

"No I shouldn't pry. I know you really like her and that's a touchy subject." I rolled my eyes.

"Tre I don't like her!"

"Oh really?"

"Yes! She was just needing help. I helped her and that's it. She doesn't even remember me."

"So you guys weren't friends?" I remembered the day I signed her cast and her smiling saying Best friends forever!

"No. I was just a mere teacher." I kept telling myself that lie ever since she left. He raised an eyebrow.

"Alright, whatever you say man." He opened our class door. "After you." He smiled and I just scrunched my eyebrows in an ill mood and stepped in. "You're welcome!" He said sarcastic.

"Hey there you love birds are! I've been waiting!" Mikes voice chimed as I stepped in. I took the seat next to him. Tre trotted behind and sat in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I looked giving a slight smile. I only had one class with Mike last semester so it was nice to see him in my second period this semester. He lifted his book.

"Learning business bro! Gotta make that money!" I chuckled and shook my head.

"I meant you're early. You're never early for class."

"Oh, yeah. I didn't know where you guys were so I just made my way in here and waited." I nodded and our teacher stepped in. Business 90 was beginning and as I opened my book to see the bold vocabulary words I knew it was going to be a hard class.

Business was over and I was relieved when I heard the bell. "so where you headed next Mike?" I asked standing.

"Eh, math." He looked at his schedule.

"That's on the 200 hall right?" He nodded. "Good, me and Tre have bio 2. It's on the same hall so we'll have lunch together."

"Oh awesome! Then I guess I'll see you guys at lunch." We all stepped out.

"See ya!" We waved as Mike went the opposite way to his locker.

"Well I'm going to run to my locker real quick. See you in a bit."

"Alright," I said to Tre as he split. I made it through the crowd to my locker. We had five minutes between each class to get our stuff. As soon as I started putting g my combination in I was pushed against the locker making my head smack into it. I dropped my books and grasped my head. "Ah shit!"