Nobody Said It Was Easy

When I was a kid and didn't quite understand Sam's condition yet, I would always wonder why he would do what he does.

Why would he do something that would obviously hurt himself in the end, may it be physically or emotionally.

I love my brother with all of my heart, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it just makes no sense to me.

But now I do know.

Sam loves with all his heart, even if others wont love him back.

He does what he thinks will make him feel content and at ease.

He loves and expects nothing in return.

"Edison wasn't his first turtle you know." I look straight ahead.

"Tortoise." I playfully rolled my eyes at her after she corrected me. Good, it means she's listening.

"Edison got sick during the summer. My parents knew that it'll affect Sam so much if he sees his pet die. So what Mom did was, she asked Sam to go with her and spend a week at my Grandpa's farm. She knew Sam will be preoccupied with all the animals there."

"My dad dragged me around town just to find a tortoise identical to Einstein right after they left."

"But Sam knew right away that it wasn't the same damn pet once he saw it. Sam asked me and I lied to him too."

I lied because I knew that if I didn't, Sam would be devastated.

He wouldn't trust any of us with anything anymore.

"Sometimes we have to pretend and lie to spare someone we care about the heart break they don't deserve."

Izzie lets out a sigh, "So who am I in the story? Your dad, you or Einstein?" she said trying to lighten up the mood.

I looked at her and smile.

"You're the person I love."

I look at her and I saw how she was caught off guard by what I've just said.

I was too. I didn't plan to say those things, it just came out.

She looks adorable when she blushes.

"Is that why you were helping Nate?"

I wanted to tell her that with Nate, she could have a normal relationship.

No drama.

No judgement from others.

"He asked, no actually, he begged me." I explained.

She rolled her eyes at me, "I didn't know you were that easy when someone begs."

This conversation is starting to go nowhere.

"I know he was a douch about kissing me, but what if he really means it when he said he did changed?" I still tried to convince her and maybe myself too.

She shook her head, "Nate is the type of guy who wants to try new things all the time. I've been with him for more than a year. He has always been like that."

Izzie is a very wise and observant person. I know she is right with her perception with him.

"Then what happens now?"

She just shrug her shoulders.

"Izzie." I urged her. My heart beats fast in anticipation, scared to know that she gave him another chance to prove himself to her.