"Yeah. I like pool." I put my beer to my lips and took a sip.

"Blue is alive." She told me, I don't know what she was trying to do here but that sentence alone, pissed me off.

I put my beer down and looked away. "Jesus Claire."

"You raised her, Owen. You... You spent years of your life working with her. You're just gonna let her die?" I looked at her with a blank expression and nodded my head.

"Well, yeah." I told her.

She leaned forwards, looking at me with a sympathetic look. "Come on. You're a better man than... you think you are."

Not bothered by what she was saying, I tried to change the subject. "You should write fortune cookies."

She looked surprised at my response, seeing I wasn't bothered in the slightest, her body language showed that she gave up.

"Forget it. I... There's a chartered flight leaving tomorrow morning. You're on the manifest. I just wanted to let you know." She got up and started to walk away, I watched her and then she suddenly stopped.

She turned around and looked at me. "Owen, just take into consideration how Charlene would feel about this whole situation. I think she'd be pretty disappointed that you've given up on the one thing that made you both happy. Don't you?"

And with that, she walked out of the pub. Leaving me speechless. Ouch.

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚

Charlene's POV

The night was starting to draw in after i'd dropped off Zach back home. I had such a great night with him, we had many deep conversation about our relationship in general.

This was such a positive date. Zach had told me that he had finished Uni and that he passed and I was so proud and him finishing Uni this somester would mean I would see him through the whole summer until he had to go back.

We'd also decided to get back together. Which was great!

I pulled up onto the grass, next to the Caravan, pulled the keys out the ignition, picked up Atlas and shuffled out of the car. Atlas in my right arm, I closed the door with my left and locked it then made my way to the Caravan door.

When I reached the door, I opened it and gently placed Atlas on the floor and he waddled over to his food bowl. Chuckling, I spoke out loud. "You got the right idea pup."

I walked towards the fridge in a casual manner to grab a small bite to eat when I heard the faint sound of a Raptor. I froze in my tracks, scrunched up my eyebrows and slowly turned around.

What the...

I listened closer, there was a similar sound but it wasn't the Raptor, it was my Dad's voice.

"All right. Chow time. Chow time." My heart was racing, the sound of the Raptor's brought everything back. The call was like PTSD to me.

I slowly creeped towards the small living room that was separated by a door and pushed the door slightly open. My dad was sat on his laptop watching home videos of the Raptor's.

Why would he torture himself like this knowing he could never see them again and never go back to Isla Nubular?

I peeked round, watching the laptop screen. "Whoa, Whoa! Back up. Back off." My Dad was training the Raptor's, they were so small and so young. Throwing some meat he smiled to himself, "Take it easy, Echo."

A small sting formed in my eye as I stared straight at the video. Watching how happy our little family was at this time.

"Jeez, there's plenty of food." My Dad told them as they all begged him for food, jumping up and squealing at him for more. "God, have you guys been eating sugar or something? You're hyper today."

A few tears fell from my eyes as I watched my Dad attempt to train the young Raptor's. I hadn't seen this video since it was shot. By me of course. Then an amazing thing happened.

Blue called the other Raptor's, they all look at her and stopped in their tracks. It was as if she was telling them to behave and to listen. She called once more and they all lined up and faced my Dad.

He looked in amazement at the camera. "Did you get that?" He looked back at the Raptor's and then the footage ended.

My dad sighed and put his head in his hands.

"I miss those days." I suddenly spoke, breaking the silence. My Dad turned around on his chair and faced me, his hands on his lap. He said nothing.

I walked towards him and sat on the nearby sofa and slapped my hands down onto my lap. "So... What did you and Claire talk about?"

"Blue." He responded bluntly.

I nodded. "And." He shook his head. "Come on Dad, there must be more to it then just Blue. She wouldn't bring her up just out of anywhere."

He sighed. "Okay. Lockwood has ordered a mission for a rescue operation, to save the dinosaurs left of Islar Nubular."

My eyes lit up as he spoke. "Why do they need saving?"

"The volcano on that Island is close to errupting. Claire's going." He answered.

"Are we?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I said no at first because I was only thinking about my feelings, at first I thought about our life and how normal it's been since we left. Part of me wanted it to stay that way. Then, Claire told me something, something that made me realise why we need to go. Because Blue is your best friend, she's the only life you've known. This normal life definitely doesn't suit you."

I chuckled, then walked up to him and hugged him. His muscly arm clinging to my body. "So, what's the plan?"

We both looked at each other, deeply in thought. My dad winked at me and I smiled from ear to ear. I was going back to the place I call home.

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚

My Dad and I left really early the next morning, we wanted to surprised Claire as she had no idea we were coming with her.

Not wanting to leave Atlas alone, I'd asked Zach and his parents if they would mind looking after him while my Dad and I went away. They knew the importance of this mission and agreed. He was a well behaved pup so they really had nothing to worry about.

I left Atlas my special blanket so he felt comforted still having my scent around. I told Zach to make sure Atlas has it with him wherever he goes, just so he didn't panic.

When Dad and I arrived at the airport, we booked in quickly and got escorted to the small plane that would be taking us to Isla Nublar. I almost ran up the stairs, so excited to get there and see my beautiful girl.

My Dad hid himself across the back of the plane and I crouched down just behind the back seat. About 15 minutes passed and I heard faint voices just outside. It sounded like a girl and a boy arguing.

Then, footsteps were heard ascending up the plane stairs. They made their way towards the back and sat on the single seat I was sat behind. The person sighed and my Dad sat up.

"Owen?" There was Claire's voice, then I came out from behind the seat. "Charlene!"

Another women started walking up the stairs. "Franklin, you wiener, get on the plane." She teased, obviously talking to the boy we heard earlier.

My Dad shuffled over for me to sit next to him, getting up off the floor.

"Didn't think you were ever gonna show up." He smirked.