“What if he isn't there?” I asked myself. If he wasn't there, I would be breaking my promise of never leaving my mate’s side. I would be leaving everyone behind then.

“Kiana!” It was him again. His voice sounded so sad, so heart broken. I felt bad for him and wished I could do something but there was nothing left for me to do. Death was so close now. “Do something!”

From a distance I could feel the splashing of water on the ground. It was a good twenty feet away, and yet I could feel it so well. More drops fell, some closer, others further away. At first I thought they were all rain drops, but then I could hear the sobs. I don't know why I didn't feel them before when now all of a sudden they seemed so close to me.

Was it something he had said, or was she that close to me, that for the last few seconds of my life, she was giving me that chance to live again.

“Don't just sit there!”

“I’m serious, Lucas. They will take you out of here if they need to,” Derek said, urging him to stop.

‘Don't take him out of here,” I begged. I hoped they could hear me, knowing that was a slim chance. I didn't want them to take him away though. I wanted to be able to hear his voice for however long I could.

“Kiana, will you do something!” he yelled again. What was this Kiana supposed to do? Was she death? “Kiana!”

“I can't,” a soft voice spoke. This must be the Kiana he’s talking about. Her voice spoke of the pain she felt.

“You can! Don't just let him die when you can do something!” Lucas yelled just as I felt another tear hit the ground. It was his tear. I knew that much when it hit the ground—the vibration and the pain coming to me in full force.

“I can't.”

“Kiana!” he screamed, begging.

"Welcome home sweetie.” It was death’s voice now. Her hands sticking out for me to grab. She wanted me to come to her, to join her. Her arms spoke of the warmth she would give and her eyes of the kindness she would share.

“Please Kiana, don't let him die,” Lucas begged and I turned around trying to find him. After all this time he seemed even closer to me and I didn't want to lose him, and yet somehow I knew I would be losing him.

“Don't worry he will join us,” Death replied with a smile putting her hand under my chin and forcing me to look at her again. I could feel her sharp nails under my chin when I looked up to her. Her smile was kind, and yet at the same time seemed wrong to me and her eyes bore into mine and seemed to hypnotize me.

“Are you sure he will be there?” I asked her trying to look behind me again, but her sharp nails dug into my chin and I couldn't move.

“Of course he will be there,” she said kindly. “That’s why he calls for you. He wants you and he’s afraid you’ll leave him.”

“I'm not going to leave him,” I replied smoothly. “I would never leave him.”

"Then follow. He’s on the other side waiting for you,” Death said one last time before she turned away and walked down the thin path behind her. I followed slowly still not sure if I should or not and yet at the same time I couldn’t help myself by following her.

“Damn,” Kiana said, “I guess it really is time t—” Her voice got softer and softer until there was nothing left but the wind, and that’s when I could see a bright white light.

This is it, I thought to myself with a smile stopping just before the bright white light. I didn't flinch away from the light even though it was so intense, instead I just wanted to move closer to it.

“I love you Lucas,” I whispered, before everything went black.

~~~~~

I wrote this chapter quicker than I thought I would so have posted early. Anyways, I hope that you all enjoy and PLEASE leave a comment on your thoughts.

ONE chapter left of ALPHA MALE!

1Blossom