An Unexpected Hole

Right in Mario's front lawn was a deep hole with steam rising from it. He was nearly certain it was not there before. After a few minutes of peering into it, he began to feel hot. He backed up and was cool. Curiosity rushed over the hero, and he began experimenting...

Yes, the heat source was definitely coming from that hole, and growing. But what's down there? Mario got a bright idea. He ran down the road, passing wandering toads. Some were talking of the biggest shooting star they've ever seen! Mario didn't care, all he needed was to get to Peach's Castle.

"PRINCESS!" he ran in, not really noticed. It was common for him to enter the castle, and not at all rude, considering all he's done for the Mushroom Kingdom.

"Mario?" Peach came down the stairs as he was running up, with Toadsworth at her side.

"I need...to borrow...some Warp Pipe blocks..." he stated, panting. He looked up at her confused stare.

"Toadsworth, send word to Broque Monsieur."

"Of course, you're majesty," and the assistant ran upstairs.

"So why do you need this, and on such short notice?"

An hour and a half later, a truck showed up at the house of the plumbers. Luigi was just recently awake, and yawning as he walked outside to see Broque Monsieur, his brother, Mario, and some other workers for Broque carrying Warp Pipe blocks out.

"Hey!" Luigi ran up to his brother right as Broque as his crew drove off in their truck, 50 coins in hand for the business.

"We're going down there," Mario pointed at the hole as he hit one of the blocks, creating a Warp Pipe in their front yard. He picked up the other 9 Warp Pipe blocks.

"I'll get out emergency adventure case," Luigi said, going inside.

5 mushrooms, one 1up, two hammers, and 100 coins.