9:

* Three Weeks Later *

Tonight was the volleyball banquet, I was so excited. Liz stopped by the house to get ready with me. I invited Jack J, Jack G, and Sam to the banquet. My mom invited my aunts and my grandmother too.

I grab this all black lace dress that fell about mid thigh and was quarter sleeved.

"Is this dress okay?" I ask Liz.

She looks at it, "Dude perfect! And you can curl your hair!"

"Yes!"

"Wear the nude pumps! It'll go great I think!"

I place the dress on the bed and look in my closet for my nude pumps.

"Okay. What are you going to wear?"

"I got this royal blue dress," I turn to her and she's holding up the dress she brought over.

"It's pretty! What shoes are you going to wear?"

"These," she says, holding some coral pumps.

"PERFECT!" I squeal and high five Liz.

"I call the bathroom first!!!" She screams running out of my room.

I laugh and slip into the dress.

* * *

"You girls done?!" My mom yells from her room.

"I am," I say, walking into her room. "Mother! You look good," I add, she twirls around.

"Baby girl," she finally says, "You look beautiful!"

I blush, "Thanks mom. Elizabeth Parker!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Liz comes into the room.

"Liz, major cutie," I laugh and nudge her shoulder.

"Ms. Montes! You look beautiful."

"Thank you Liz, you look beautiful as well," my mom smiles at her. "So girls let's head downstairs and take pictures."

We nod at her, head downstairs quickly and end up in the living room. Liz and I take pictures while my mom searches for the camera.

"Okay girls," my mom says, coming into the living room with camera in hand.

Liz and I both set our phones on the table that's wedged between the two chairs.

"Ready?" My mom asks.

Liz and I pose casually. Then my mom takes the picture. We now pose funny, my mom snaps the picture.

"Hey Liz," I grab my phone, "Can you take a picture of me and my mom?" I hand her my phone.

Liz nods and smiles, holding up the phone. My mother and I pose casually and Liz counts down then snaps the picture.

"Ah perfect! One more," Liz laughs. We pose again.

I suddenly hear my phone ring.

"Your baby Gilinsky is texting," Liz mocks, smirking at me.

"Snoop, get out of here," I laugh, pushing her away. I open up the text.

GILINSKY❤️: I'll be by your house in about ten minutes babe. Can't wait to see your beautiful face.

Okay love! Can't wait to see you too 😘

"Mom! Jack is coming by in ten minutes," I say, noticing that she wasn't in the living room anymore. Neither was Liz.

"Okay Hay, come here in the kitchen!"

So I walk in and Liz is holding a huge framed collage of pictures and my mom has two tickets in her hand.

"Your favorite band," she says, smiling.

"What is all this for mom?" I ask, curious to know about the sudden gift.

"Well you have been doing good in school, you're almost graduating, so I'm sending you and Liz off to Los Angeles to see the band play."

"You're kidding right?"

"I talked to Lizzie's parents and you guys are off for Thanksgiving. I'll fly out Wednesday with her parents so we can spend Thanksgiving together."

"Mom..." I choke out.

"Don't cry!!!" Liz yells at me.

"Okay, okay," I take deep breaths and carefully wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Mom... Thank you," I throw my arms around her.

"Of course sweetheart, I know how much you've been wanting to see them so I was able to get you two tickets!"

"I appreciate it," I whisper.

"Okay! Before Hayley starts crying even more, let me take a picture of you two," Liz exclaims, laughing, grabbing the camera off the counter.

I pose with the picture frame and my mom holds the two tickets.

"Nice, one more!" Liz takes another picture. "Beautiful! Beautiful!"

I hear the doorbell ring.

"It hasn't been ten minutes yet? Or has it?" I question.

"Maybe he couldn't wait to see your face," Liz jokes, nudging my arm.

"Well... How do I look?" I ask twirling around.

"Perf!" Liz yells while I walk to the front door.

I take a deep breath and open the door.