5:

Jack:

It's been two months since Leigh and I broke up, but thank God for Hayley. She's made the bad days good and the good days even better. The advice she's been giving me has helped  a lot, but her in general.

I love her smile and the way she laughs, the way she would concentrate while watching movies. I love the way she sings, the way she eats, and especially the way her eyes lit up when she talked about something she loved. I loved her voice over the phone, like when she would call after waking up from a nap. Honestly, I like her a lot.

"Hey Jack, are you going tonight?" Sam asks, approaching me at my locker.

"For sure man, are you staying after school?"

"Nah, I'm going home."

"Alright bro, see you tonight," I say grabbing the books I need from my locker. It's after school and Hayley's game doesn't start till 6:30.

"Yeah man," Sammy says and walks away.

A couple minutes later, I hear footsteps approach me.

"Sam what the fuck do you need?"

"Hey," I hear her voice. My heart quickly jumps inside my chest and I look at Hayley.

"Hey, shouldn't you be in the locker room?" I ask.

"It's four, the game starts in two hours my friend. You are coming right? Because it would mean a lot if you finally come to my game, especially the last..." Her voice trails off, I know it makes her sad that it's her final game and it's senior night.

"Don't worry Hayles, I'm going to see you!"

"You better, because I will never talk to you again," she says, her voice more serious.

"Shut up Hayley," I say and pull her into a hug. "Play hard today, I know you will."

"Yeah I will, I promise Jack."

I smile and let go of her, she has a big smile on her face. "Senior night," I slowly say.

"Yeah, then no more volleyball."

"California has teams Hay," I say, trying to comfort her.

She just nods, "I don't know Jack. I just want to focus on today. But I'm going to get my books and head back. See you tonight?" She asks, her smile is killing me.

"For sure man," I answer.

"For sure man," she smiles, beginning to laugh. She turns away and walks to her locker.

I zip up my back pack and shut my locker. I look up at her, "See you later Hayles," I yell down the hall.

"Bye Jack."

I walk away, towards the front of the school.

* * *

I got home around 4:15, walking in to hear my mom in the kitchen, getting stuff ready for dinner.

"Hey Jack!" My mom greets me.

"Where's dad?"

"Working late honey. Are you going to Hayley's game tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm leaving around five forty five," I tell her. "So I can get her a gift."

She gives me a smile, "Okay, I'm about to start dinner."

"Alright mom," I say, walking to my room.

I walk in, throwing my backpack on my bed and I sit down at the computer, watching YouTube videos.

After a while, I hear my mom yell dinner.

"Coming Ma!" I yell, getting up from my desk. I think it's about five at this point.

"Smells so good mom," I say, walking into the kitchen.

"It's your favorite," she tells me, her smile is cheek to cheek.

I smile at her, "Thank you mom."

She sits down at the table, eating her plate of spaghetti. 

"So you and Hayley?" Her voice is curious and it breaks the silence.

"What about her?" I smile too much while I ask my question.

"You two have been hanging out a lot," she smiles now and she's looking at me.

"Yeah..." I say, my voice trails off.

"Do you like her?"

"A lot mom, she just makes things so different. I know Leigh and I broke up, but Hayley has always made me feel different."

"Honey, I'm glad you and Hayley finally started talking again. Just do what you think is right for you. Your father and I will still support you."

"Thanks mom."

"I've always liked her too, she was a good little girl. Then she became that amazing volleyball player.

"This is the first time I'll see her play at West Side."

"You're in for one hell of a game Jack," she laughs.

That just made me more excited to see her play.

* * *

I stopped at Walgreens to get her the gifts. I got her some balloons that read Congrats! on it, a huge bear, and some of her favorite snacks. I also had a volleyball in the jeep.

SAMMY WILK 😎: Text Message 

Gilinsky, where you at? We have seats saved with Hayley's mom.

I quickly answer his text.

I'll be right there, bye.

I thanked the cashier as she gave me my change and I left the store.

* * *

I walked into the gym, the girls were already warming up. I found Sam, Liz and Hayley's mom. Johnson was the MC for tonight's game.

"Damn G, this isn't Valentine's Day," Sam says, looking at the stuff I got her.

"Shut up," I tell him, sitting down.

"Hello Ms. Montes."

"Hello Jack!" She says and I stand up and give her a hug.

"Hey Liz."

"Hey Gilinsky."

I look back at the court and see her warming up, she has a huge grin on her face. She is so beautiful.