Ready as a Jelly

Sorry I keep taking time to update.

                                   💙

The weekend went by in a blur with me talking to Beth a few times, although Melissa offered to show me around but I said no, don't ask me why.
Finally,  it's Monday, my first day at school and surprisingly I wasn't freaking out - that much-  I was mainly just nervous.
After my normal morning routine, I went downstairs for breakfast with Kevin.

"Ready for your first day?" Dad asked me
"Ready as a jelly" I replied making everyone laugh.
When we'd finished eating, we walked to the car leaving mum behind 'cause she didn't have to go to work until later.
Dad dropped us in front of Aspen Valley high school, wished us luck, said goodbye then drove off.
"I wonder when dad will realize that we need our own car" Kevin said as he held my hand.
"Very soon I hope, its kinda embarrassing"
"I agree"he said then looked at me "don't worry I'll be right beside you"
Giving him a grateful smile, we walked into the school ignoring the curious looks that were sent our way.  Finding the administration office wasn't a problem seeing as the structure of the school and our former high school were similar.
We collected our schedules and our locker combinations then went on our way.
"We have most of our classes together" Kevin said looking at our schedules while I was trying to find our locker.
"Most?" I asked
"Yea we have three classes apart"
"Oh that's fine, what are they?"
"Calculus, Geography and French"
"Okay, found it"
"What?"
"The lockers dummy"
"Ouch... Anyway you have calculus now, so put your stuff in your locker then I'll walk you to your class"
"Okay"
"

So I'll see you in our next class?"Kevin said as we approached my calculus class.
"Sure"
Walking into the class, I realized that I was really early and the class was literally empty, so I went to sit on a chair that was in front of the class and close to the window.
After about 10 minutes people started walking into the class just as the warning bell rang - that's what I think it is. I ignored the chatter around me and looked outside through the window, the class got quiet suddenly, I looked up and noticed that the teacher just walked in, talk about being tardy.
"Good morning class" he greeted then went through the pile of dirt... Oh sorry books on his desk then looked up holding a piece of paper searching the class with his eyes until they rested on me.
"Ah! I see we've a new student in our midst, Keely Alberts?
Am I supposed to raise my hand or what?
This isn't preschool use your mouth.
"Sir?"
"Uh welcome"
"Th..."
"So class, let's revisit what we did last class" he said interrupting me.
Well I guess my gratitude wasn't needed.

Classes passed by in a blur and most of what was thought were things I'd already read through.
Yeah, yeah I'm a nerdy nerd... I know that.
And thankfully no one tried to make a conversation with me... Finally, it was lunch time or should I say brunch because whatever I was gonna eat in the cafeteria won't qualify as lunch.
Kevin and I walked into the cafeteria and sat at a table with two chairs at the extreme end.
"Kev, why don't you go make some friends. I'll be fine by myself" I said as he shoved fries into his mouth.
He chewed then swallowed first before he spoke -a trait I never seem to be able to exhibit- "Friends? Nah I don't need them...yet"
"So I noticed you have a few admirers" I said glancing at some girls that were staring at him.
"Are you for real?" I nodded "Keely, I know you're my sister but you really underestimate my looks and it breaks my heart. All the girls here are literally ogling me!"
Ugh! How could I forget how cocky he could be.
Being the talkative he is he said "Do you know Ashton?"
I frowned a bit then said "that Gray guy?" He nodded "what about him?" I asked with indifference
"Do you know that he schools here?"
"Nope" I said, even though his dad told us that at dinner.
"Do you know he has that 'bad boy' attitude"
Here we go
"Nope"
"Do you know..."
Ugh
"Okay, is this a 'Do you know segment' of our lunch? If it is the  I'm not interested"
"Okay then I just wanted you to know about our neighbour"
"Well I don't want to"
"Fine" he said then continued eating probably thinking of what to say next -he just couldn't keep his mouth shut for a minute...
"Why did you say no when Melissa offered to show you around?" See!
"Because I wanted to" I said "can we get outta here now?"
"Yea, sure let's go"

                               **
"The school has a basketball team, you going  to join?" Kevin asked as we walked home.
Oh I forgot to tell you, I play basketball.
"Hmm yeah"
"You sure?" He asked looking concerned
"Don't worry about me Kev I'll be fine"
"Okay then, I'll try out for the football team... Tryouts is on Friday?"
"Uh okay" I said as our driveway came into view.
"Hungry?" Kelvin asked as we walked into the house.
"Starving. What you making?"
We took turns preparing lunch for ourselves while mum cooked breakfast and dinner.
"Anything I lay my hands on first" he replied walking towards the cupboards with his eyes closed.
"When you're done, just yell I'm going up" I said.

First day wasn't bad after all...

                            ❤❤
Really late update... I'm sorry.

Don't forget to vote and comment 😘😘😘