The new neighbours

Uh, I'm sorry for the late update but I've been so busy lately😔😔😔
So here goes the second chapter....

After staying on a plane for several hours- just kidding, dad drove us here, Colorado isn't that far from California- the journey finally ended and according to dad are almost at our new house that I can't wait to see...

The neighborhood dad drives into interrupt my train of thoughts as I realize that we were in a really
Really
Really rich neighborhood...

Okay maybe I might have exaggerated a little bit but the neighborhood screamed.... RICH and I know my parents are rich but they never liked living in places like this or maybe it was just my imagination.

"We are here!" Dad says as he drives into a driveway - our drive way, thankfully interrupting my rant.

Stepping out of the car I study our new house and realize that its not really like the rest houses in this neighborhood, it was simple yet elegant - if you can describe a house with elegant.

Not bothering to help in taking our things out of the car 'cause there was nothing in the car that needed my help.
Yah, call me lazy but I'm not, I'm just on energy saving mode most of the time.

                                  *

" Keely! Come meet our new neighbours " mum yells.
Ugh! I groan, I hate meeting new people -one of the reasons I didn't want to move.
"I'm coming!" I yell back -yeah, we are all yellers in my family, if that's even a word, but mum hardly yells except she's excited or... When she feels like.
Walking down the stairs I hear my mum chatting excitedly, probably with our new neighbours.
"Oh here she is" mum says immediately she sees my making everyone turn to me.
Kill me now! I groan mentally, I hate attention!
Mustering the best fake smile I can, I politely say good evening to everyone. Then mum proceeds to introduce the Grays to me
"This is Raymond" she says pointing at a man that should be around my dad's age
"Trisha" she continues to a woman sitting beside Raymond, she's obviously his wife.
"And these are their children, Melissa, Ashton and Greg"
Saying hi, I sit down and observe the children as my mum and Trisha go to the kitchen.
I look over to Melissa, she looks older than me a bit but she's gorgeous, if I was into girls I'll so date her, but I'm not (insert sad emoji). She's carrying a young boy, he should be four I can't really see his face but I don't doubt that he's cute and I'm guessing that he's Greg. Then my eyes rest on Ashton, he doesn't really look like the rest, just Raymond's eyes and that's where the resemblance ends. He has a bored expression on his face like he'd rather be somewhere else and that's exactly how I feel - I'd rather be in my room, sleeping - but he's staring at me.
Dad and Raymond were discussing something about politics, Kevin was no where in sight, Melissa was playing with Greg (not sure about the name yet, he might be Ashton).

Finally it was dinner time and I was hoping that everyone will just keep talking and not notice me, but I guess that wasn't happening when Raymond asked me a question "Keely, your father tells me that you and Kevin are in your final year in high school, right?"
Why didn't he just ask Kevin?!
"Yes sir" I say hoping he'll just drop it.
"Same with Ashton. So what are your plans for college?"
"None yet" I lied. What? I'm not in the mood to talk (I'm never in the mood actually).
"Rubbish, don't mind her she has her future all planed out. She's just being shy" way to go mum, now they'll think I'm a liar.
Saving myself from further embarrassment, I excuse myself and go to my room without waiting for their reply.

Not mature? Yah I know, but I don't like talking or meeting new people, it drains my energy...

You ever heard energy by Drake...
I got enemies
got a lot of enemies
Got a lot of people
tryna drain me of this energy

Yah, this is how I feel when I meet new people.

Finally! I'm so so so sorry I didn't update for a long time.

Please vote and comments will really be appreciated.

Love y'all❤