Chapter 10 Bertia (16 years old)[2]

"No, it's unmistakably the compelling force..."

"No, wouldn't it be fine to just reduce the amount of snacks you eat? And while you're at it, it's fine to temporarily increase your amount of exercise, but do it in moderation, all right?"

I cut off Bertia's remark as she was still trying to push the blame for her weight gain onto the [compelling force], completely ending it there.

It wouldn't be good for her health if I were to pamper her and let her believe in her strange rationalization on how [it can't be helped that I got fatter].

Moreover, it would be troublesome if she were to behave recklessly under the impression that the [compelling force] had begun to operate.

"B-but, to not eat what was kindly gifted to me..."

"How about sharing it with the maids and eating just a little?"

"My sweets..."

"You're aiming to be first class, right?"

"..."

Between my arms, Bertia hung her head dejectedly.

However, since she didn't say no, it seemed that she agreed to my suggestion, albeit reluctantly.

"Ah, that's right. In addition, if you are aiming to be a first class villainess, then Tia, it wouldn't be good if you were not by my side, right?"

Next, I should forcefully emphasize that notion.

This time, she distanced herself from me under a pretext as incomprehensible as, 'The [compelling force] has started to work. Hence, I must separate myself from the capture target, namely His Highness, Cecil.'

She has comprehended that it was all her misunderstanding, but hereafter, my graduation ceremony is approaching along with the [Downfall] she speaks of, so I have no doubt she would feel insecure and behave recklessly because of it.

Though it did sound fun to have a chase each time, it was way too inefficient.

Since that was the case, I decided it would be easier to observe and control her if I were to tie her to me first.

"Wh, why? Cecil-sama is going to become lovey-dovey with the heroine from now on, and is bound to gradually be separated from me. I'll be desperate to hold onto that Cecil-sama, and rush down the villainess road. And, you, feeling that I am truly unpleasant at that time, on the day of the graduation ceremony..."

While speaking, tears rapidly emerged in Bertia's eyes and it wouldn't be strange if they spilled over at any moment.

Seeing Bertia rapidly blinking to hold back the tears while staring fixedly at her own hand grasping the front of my shirt, I reflexively displayed a bitter smile.

...If it's really that heartbreaking, then it's fine for her to not rush along the path of a villainess and just be my fiancée as it is.

Even though such thoughts arose in my heart, I wouldn't tell her.

Though I wouldn't have told her to begin with, but since she has her own reasons, anything I spoke of would probably end up with being resisted anyway.

If that's the case, then I should take the necessary measures while being unnoticed by her, and then all I have to do is just overcome the events that will happen on the day of the graduation ceremony.

I am sure she will be convinced once we are able to overcome that day just fine.

...Or to be more accurate, if she makes any vain struggle even after the result is out, then I'll just have to overturn that.