Chapter 9 Bertia (15 years old)

"Brother, Please do something about her!!"(Shaun)

"Shaun is that the first thing you tell me after I have returned from a long trip?I'd hoped it to be at least a {Welcome back} instead" (Cecil)

During my second year, due to my father, I took a 4 months break during the spring, going to our neighbouring country in order to establish good relations under the pretense of an educational exchange.

Father told me to just do my own things and that would be a good restraint to other companies. Thinking that such a naive way of thinking wouldn't work, As to not waste the 4 months I'm staying there, Whilst travelling, I gathered information and spread the baits on the import tax and the road maintenance fees. With that, I blackmailed..... Negotiated with a favorable conditions.

At first nobody would pay heed to words from a child such as me and there are also people who just brushed me aside. Although when  I started using the information I gathered as a topic, their faces started to turn pale whilst listening to me seriously.

I finally realized that humans are surprisingly sensible creatures as long as you sincerely converse with each other.

Well although before you're able to sincerely  converse with each other you would need to lay some foundation and investigation.

Various things happened and I have returned back to the academy according to schedule, and instead of welcoming me, the first thing my Brother was to rant....  Since I haven't received any sitrep from my "House sitter" I have no idea on what's going on currently.

Of course I have received periodic reports, but since our country's territory is wide, It takes time to receive information on the capital when I'm in the neighbouring countries. The information i can get would also be limited and i wouldn't be able to hear any recent news.

"....Did Bertia do something interesting again?"

It's rare for my nonchalant brother to be this flustered

the last report from the "House sitter" includes the plan to making Shaun involved on the preparation of the cultural festival, but even so, I heard there wasn't too much interesting movement from her.

"It's not about lady Bertia but Baronnes Heronia"

Looking at Shaun who furrowed his brow unpleasantly, I remembered about the girl who's only good for her average look.

By the way, instead of  being one of my target of interest or protection, She's more like someone annoying pest that i thought i should remove thus I have little to none information about her.

I just recognize her as [someone acquainted] to my close aides and Bertia.

"Shaun, I'm sorry but baroness Heronia is out of my jurisdiction"(Cecil)

I declined Shaun who came to ask for my help as if it's the normal thing to do.

"Can i ask why?"(Shaun)

"I'm the one who wanted to ask why you would ask me for help"

"It's because everyone's been saying that you would take care of all the problems as long as someone asked you"

" ... I'm very curious on who is that [everyone] you're referring to" (Cecil)

"That lady Joanna is feeling restless now. She's very hurt because she's been told by baroness heronia that [You're too uptight and are not worthy of prince Shaun]. Furthermore She told me while crying that seeing me being proactively approached by baroness Heronia made her feel scared that my feeling would change. Seeing her who's always looking so capable becoming like this made my heart hurt. I thought that i need to do something to protect her..."(Shaun)