Chapter 18

.

Skyline Apartments, New Delhi

10.00 pm

.

Arnav Singh Raizada.

The only male best friend I had in my life. I never knew how it was to have a guy best friend. But after he came, I realized that it was pure bliss. But it took only one night for that to fall like a house of cards.

Rudra Pratap Singh. The son of village serpanch. The man who fell for my beauty and wanted to marry me. The only reason he wanted to marry me was that I never allowed him to come close. Marrying gives you the license to touch your wife, is it not so?

But no, he wanted that as soon as possible. A party in the city of Jaipur gave him the best opportunity. It just takes a few notes to buy drugs. And it just takes another few notes to bribe a waiter and spike drinks. And that's what he did.

Only thing, the waiter served it to the wrong person. Carrying one spiked and one normal drink in one tray, the waiter accidently gave the spiked one to the person next to me. Arnav.

Sometimes I wonder, why did I have to look like Khushi? Why did my hair resemble her? Why couldn't I be like someone else? 'Coz if it was some other woman in my place that night, Arnav would've never touched me.

Why should I blame Arnav alone? Wasn't I at fault? Why did I give in to him? Why did I turn selfish for a moment? It was always Khushi for him! He couldn't take anyone's name that night other than Khushi. Yet...why...why didn't I back off?

You can never hold sand. No matter how much you try, it'll slip through your fingers. That's who world is! If you try to tie things, that aren't yours, to you, you'll find yourself in a knot instead. Just like I was.

One mistake I made, one selfish act I did, cost me my whole life.

Arnav left Rajasthan the next day. He couldn't even face me after what he did. The truth was that I couldn't face him after what I did. But the reminder of that night grew in me. Rudra spread the news in the village and I was banished from Bagru. Sleeping on the roadside, one day, after four months of banishment from my village, Arnav found me. He had gone to Bagru for some work and it was only then he heard what happened with me.

He took me to a village named Chirota. He bought me a house, gave me money, made arrangement for my stay, got me a job in a tailoring unit there...all in ONE condition. I would never meet him, ever in my life. And I accepted his condition. I never met or contacted him. Until I came to know about my cancer.

.

What else can he do? It was my fault. My selfishness! I could've destroyed his home with my act. It's his goodness that he helped me.

It's always Khushi. Arnav is Khushi's. Khushi is Arnav's. I'm no one to come in between them. Arnav-Khushi-Aarav. They are the family! Me and my son are just reminders of his...no my mistake.

If you're reading this Ishaan, then it means that I'm dead. I could never say these things to you when I'm alive because I cannot bear the look of hatred towards me on your face. I cannot lose you. You are all I have. That's why I'm writing this and handing it over to the nurse who would hand it over to you after my death.

Whenever I told you about your father, I have always added "Never hate him". Please don't hate him baccha. You should never hate him. 'Coz no matter how much I try to reason with myself, I should've realized that I just LOOK like Khushi. I'm NOT Khushi.