After every challenge finishes and our time has elapsed, Harry's expression only grows angrier and angrier. I imagine how frustrated he feels. In fact, I can actually relate. I'm no good at combat, and it seems he's no good in water.

I want to feel bad for him, but remembering every rude thing he's ever said to me prevents me from feeling so. He deserves what's coming to him right now. It makes me happy, even, to see him struggle...

But I can't feel that way, can I? I can't feel happy at his demise anymore. He's my partner. If he fails, I fail too. What if his stupid problem with water prevents me from becoming an agent?

I realize for the first time that whatever happens to Harry happens to me, too. Whatever he loses, I lose. I can't win for the both of us. Oh, god...

After 2 hours, swim training is finally over. Everyone basically limps out of the pool, too tired and sore to move properly. Harry stomps past all of us into the mess hall without a word. By the time I'm changed and back in the dorm, Harry is nowhere to be found.

I shrug off his actions. It's not like I care where he is anyway, and I sort of understand his need to be alone. After all, I did the exact same thing after absolutely tanking combat training the other day.

So, I carry on with my day as normal. Sarah and I eat lunch in the mess hall for a while, then we head to the shooting range for an hour to practice. Although I did 5 laps this morning on the track and more than enough exercise in the pool, I excuse myself and use the treadmill for a while in the gym.

By the time I'm showered and ready to head to sleep, I haven't seen Harry once all day. His absence worries me, but not because I miss his presence- I'm reminded of the fact that his failure, even his behaviour, reflects on me. It doesn't matter how well I do, if my partner can't keep up then I'm not getting anywhere.

Harry can't do anything in water. Nothing at all. And yet, by the end of training in just over a month, he's supposed to be able to carry out all those challenges with ease. I just don't see it happening. When he fails the test and General Sanders sees, both him and I will be walking away from MI6, disgraced.

I need to fix this, and I need to fix it fast. I need to find a way for Harry to complete the water challenges without so much as a hiccup when the time comes- for my own sake. I could care less about how he feels. All I know is that I need to do something before it's too late.

I lie awake in bed and try to think. How the hell am I going to do this? A solid hour passes as I brainstorm, then it hits me. I have a plan. It may not work, but I have to try. I set an alarm for 4:30 AM. Stiff, I know, but I'll have enough sleep. I'm not sure if I can say the same for Harry, but I don't care. I have to make this work, whether Harry likes it or not. With a plan in mind, I drift off easily.

The next thing I know, 7 hours later, the watch on my wrist is chiming and I'm rubbing sleep from my eyes. Through the darkness across the room I can just make out Harry sleeping soundly in his bed. It looks like he returned at some point while I was unconscious.

I give myself a few minutes to wake up, then retrieve the gun latched to the side of my bed I discovered during my first day on base. In the dark I know no one can see me, so I quickly change into my still-damp swimsuit. With a towel in one hand and my stun-gun in the other, I approach Harry's bed. This is going to be difficult.

I come to stand over Harry. While he sleeps he doesn't look so intimidating, but I know that'll change in a second. I try the nice way first.

"Harry?" I whisper as I gently grab his arm and shake him. He stirs but does not wake.

"Harry?" I try once more, shaking a little harder. This time he does wake, but instantly I know he's not happy about it.

"What the fuck do you want?" He mumbles, his voice so raspy I can barely understand him.