CHAPTER 8: The First Day On Set

Up until then, she was enjoying herself watching the actors and actresses in amazement as they portrayed their characters. But there were also times when she had to avoid Alex. He was always around. She couldn't blame him. After all he is the reason why all of this is happening. The producer mostly takes care of everything which is a very rough job that's why Avery tries to avoid him. She doesn't want to cause a scene even if she was the cousin of the director. That would be a pretty bad image for her cousin. 

   Alex, the producer keeps everything on track. So, maybe that's why I haven't seen him around. She thought. 

  Avery drank her coffee as she watched everything in place. As usual Alex was already there, running around and fixing everything. When he's a villain next door, he's a hero here. A hero.  Avery hasn't seen anyone this responsible and it happened to be the imbecile next door.

          Who could've thought that he was so useful? 

 Night had already fallen, lights had been set up for the last scene of the day. People were noticeably exhausted.  All of the staff and cast were waiting for only one thing...which was the final yell of the 'Cut' that would escape her cousin's lips.  

    "And cut!" Finally at last it was all done. People started to clear out of the set, fixing and clearing the items that were there. Also, the staff started to finalize everything before they left and the casts were in their dressing rooms gathering their things.

   Jerson walked towards Avery who was enjoying her coffee. After all the work he did, his fatigue was invisible hiding it with his usual smile. "I've been looking all over for you." 

    "Your expression shows it." Avery lightly laughed as she downed the coffee and threw it in the trash can. 

    "Where to now?" She questioned, lifting her eyebrows.  Jerson didn't waste any minute and replied, "To my office, I'll get some things and then we're gonna check up on Nicholas." 

  Avery nodded in reply as they both started walking to the building and immediately walked to an elevator. Avery stayed silent aware of his tiredness, it was a stressful and busy day for him. Jerson pressed the 6 floor button. After minutes of waiting, both doors open with a ding sound and Jerson walked out. He took a sharp left with Avery following right behind him. They entered a glass door and she followed Jerson to his office. The hall had many doors on each side. Jerson proceeded to a room where his name was imprinted on it.  Jerson Harish Arvatz.

 They entered his room and Avery was in amazement. Half of the office was made of glass and half of it was wooden. The place was neatly clean, papers were sorted by name and number. Not like the ones she saw in movies. Jerson took his stuff and looked at Avery who was busy admiring the painting on the wall. "The blue-eyed leopard modern abstract. That was given to me as a gift." Jerson said bluntly, standing behind her.

"Ready to go?" Jerson questioned, raising both of his eyebrows. Avery nodded in response. They both walked out of his office, locking the door before they carried on. They passed few doors before reaching Nicholas' office. In the middle of the door had Alexander Nicholas Airen imprinted on it. 

  Jerson opened the door and walked in. The light of the room was dimmed, papers were on the desk and Nicholas was sitting in front of his computer analyzing the scenes they shot. Nicholas' back was facing Avery and Jerson. Also, his room was similar to Jerson but it was more Classy. He had more paintings. Jerson is a man who liked simple stuffs after all. 

   "Nick? It's pretty late." Jerson sighed, holding his phone. "I'm alright. I can do this. I need to finish this." Nicholas replied without even looking at him. 

  "You haven't even visited your house for like 2 days now. C'mon lad, you need some rest." Jerson said with concern written all over his face. Nicholas frustratingly sighed, running a hand through his hair as he slowly spun his office chair. 

     Wait. Nicholas is Alex?

   "How come is Alex called Nicholas?" Avery asked looking at Jerson. "His full name is Alexander Nicholas Airen. Which is why we sometimes call him 'Ana'. Beautiful name isn't it?" Jerson teased with a chuckle.

   "Ha ha. Very funny Arvatz." Alex sarcastically mocked. 

   "You two know each other?" Jerson questioned Alex. "Long story." Alex frustratedly replied. 

   "He's my neighbor." Avery answered bluntly. 

 "Well then, isn't that just wonderful? That means I can drive you both home. Airen, turn that computer off and come with me." 

 "NO." Alex spat. 

___________________________________________________________

Few minutes later. Alex sat in the passenger seat of Jerson's car while Avery sat on the back seat. Both of them stayed silent as Jerson drove to his house. He had to force Alex to leave the computer and come with him. Avery just watched the two argue back and forth. Of course, Jerson won. 

  "We're here." Jerson announced, unbuckling his seat belt and getting out of the car. Alex and Avery also did the same but Alex did it with a sigh. They followed Jerson in his house. When Alex closed the door  the sound of crying was heard within the house. 

 Alex and Avery grew curious both avoided each other. "Daddy!" A little boy ran towards Jerson who was crying.

    "Mommy is mwean." The boy cried as Jerson hugged him.

Jerson's wife walked out of the living room and said, "There you are! Keep crying and I will really give you something to cry about." 

  Jerson stood up, lifting the boy up, carrying and then asked, "What happened now, Sydney?" 

   Sydney placed both of her hands on her hips and said, "Your son played with lego and left it on the floor and I accidentally stepped on it." 

   "Why don't you go upstairs and get ready for dinner." Jerson sweetly told to the boy. The boy nodded and immediately walked upstairs. 

   "Honey, please be careful next time. He didn't mean it." Jerson defended his tone never rising. Alex and Avery just stood behind him watching them argue. It was a little bit cute actually. 

     "Don't you honey me! I knew you don't love me anymore!" Sydney started to tear up. Jerson chuckled, walked towards her and hugged her. "I would never in my life do that to you." He consoled, kissing her forehead. 

  "Mommy's mwean!" The little kid yelled from upstairs. 

   "Watch your mouth. I brought you into this world and i'm very sure that I can take you out." Sydney yelled in reply. 

  Alex and Avery both tried to contain their laughter, earning the attention of Sydney. "Oh hello dear." She smiled, greeting the two. 

 She pulled away from Jerson and walked towards them. "Alex and hmm Avery?" She questioned, finally remembering their names. Jerson told her many stories about Alex and Avery but Sydney took it as a sign. The two looked like a cute couple. 

  "You two are a great match." Sydney smiled, admiring the beautiful sight in front of her. 

 "No no no. We're not dating." Avery said, lightly laughing. "Not yet, you're not." Sydney replied with a grin. 

  "Alex the workaholic and alcoholic. That's why you don't find love even if she's right in front of you! You should see a doctor. You're eyes are not normal." Sydney drone on, analyzing Alex. 

  "Honey, please stop being the matchmaker and be the chef instead." Jerson sighed, face-palming. But Sydney just ignored him and focused on the two. 

   "What pain are you trying to hide with alcohol?" She continued to ask questions. "I'm trying to hide nothing." Alex replied, raising his eyebrow. 

    "Then proclaim your love for her." Sydney giggled pointing at Avery. "No no no, that's enough." Jerson lifted Sydney and carried her bridal style away from Avery and Alex. "Excuse her." Jerson added