CHAPTER 6: The Day's A blessing.

A week had passed after the movie night with James and Nash. The days passed like a blur, Avery even hardly remembers what date it is since she started reviewing for her upcoming test that would decide her faith. Avery also spent the other days watching documentaries and reading books about  'The art of film making' as said by her Professor. She had to make ten pages of essay  about 'The art of film making'. 

      Avery  was not really passionate about movies like her Professor, although she loved watching     movies. All day she stayed in her room, cuddled up under her white silky blanket while watching  every possible chick flick she could find. 

             Yesterday she watched action movies then, the other day drama. Avery had to know all types of  movies in other to write about them. Movie documentaries helped the most. 

  Avery snuggled with her pillow while she watched the movie called 'The Devil wears prada' under the covers of her white silky blanket in comfort. It had been the third movie of the day and it was already past 1 pm

      The door whoosed open to Avery's surprise, Ethan stuck his head in and simply asked, "Is the  coast clear?" 

  The laptop almost fell on the floor when Avery quickly sat up, shocked by his sudden appearance in her room but luckily, if it wasn't for Ethan's reflexes then the laptop would've just fallen on the ground. 

            "I believe this is yours?" Ethan smiled handing Avery her laptop while standing up. 

 "Thank you so much." She said in reply as she took her laptop from his hands. Ethan placed a hand at the back of his neck with lightly laughed and responded, "I think you shouldn't thank me. In the first place It wouldn't have fallen off if I hadn't slammed the door so hard." 

      "At least you made it up to me by catching it." Avery gave a lopsided smile in return. 

  "Thank you. I think I would have to another treat with that. Why don't we go to the park?" He suggested, smiling at Avery like a 5 year-old boy. 

    "Do you always have to do this to me?" She questioned, raising her eyebrow. "Only on wednesdays." He replied giving her a wink. 

    "How about we just stay here and watch a horror movie." Avery suggested, enthusiastically. She doesn't love watching horror movies but that kind of genre can be really thrilling to watch.   

  "Nope. Besides, people watch it then they get problems with falling asleep at night." He discarded, shaking his head in a disapprovingly way. "You're just afraid, Aren't you Ethan?" Avery teased laughing softly.  

   "No, I'm not." Ethan replied in a proudful manner. "I'm just afraid that you'll get scared and you'll have to run and hide under the covers." Ethan added with a sly smile. 

    "I hope you dream of something s-" Avery was supposed to say scary but the man in front of her didn't let her finish. "Something that you're involved, my princess." Ethan finished. 

    "Don't call me that." She told him, her arms folded on her chest. "You're beauty and I am the beast." He laughed, sitting at the edge of the bed.

  "You're not human then." Avery commented, trying to hide her laughter. "Correction, I am the human version of the beast." Ethan declared and sent a wink.

  "You're so full of yourself." Avery replied, rolling her eyes. "Now let's think of nicknames for you, my dear belle." Ethan drone on.

 After 2 hours they were already in the park enjoying the sunlight and the breeze. "It's so fresh here, isn't it? Better than you room." Ethan joked as he finished his pink cotton candy. He looked at Avery and noticed that she still had a cotton candy so he moved closer and asked nicely, "Can I have some of your cotton candy, Beauty."  

     "Only if you......" She quickly ran away from him, holding onto her plastic of cotton candy. "...catch me." She finished.  "Alright then" And with that he ran after her.

  Avery looked back, noticing that Ethan was no longer behind her so she took the time and ran to a nearby tree hiding behind it. She hid behind it, watching her surroundings carefully while holding onto the plastic bag of cotton candy. 

  "Who are you hiding from?" A voice whispered behind her, she felt the person's breath on her neck. She froze and tried to ran away but the individual tackled her to the ground- not too hard. She fell flat on the ground while Ethan laid beside her, laughing. 

  "That was not nice." She spoke, looking away from Ethan. 

  "Not in my nature." Ethan chuckle while he started to eat the cotton candy. 

   "Well then my apologies Mr. Beast, I didn't think the prince now had taken the beast form." Avery tease while she chuckled. 

   "You should wear your glasses, My dear belle." Ethan spoke as he held a piece of cotton candy in his fingers. 

     The time passed, they enjoyed each other's company and just wave their good byes when Avery had to go. 

  Ethan insisted on driving her home but she brought her car along with her. She pulled into their driveway and got out. Avery looked over to her Alex's house and noticed that he wasn't there in his usual spot drinking beer and getting drunk. 

      Unusual. 

     But Avery thought that it was a good thing since he wouldn't be here to ruin her peace. 

Avery entered their house and carried on to the stairs but her Aunt's voice broke the silence in the house. "Avery, I have wonderful news for you." Aunt Julie blurted, happily. 

   She turned around and asked, "Okay." Avery smiled, waiting to hear the news. 

 "I called my son and he's gonna help you with the essay." Aunt Julie affirmed and ran to Aunt Julie  to give her a tight hug. Avery felt like crying. "Thank you. Thank you." Avery repeated her eyes getting  water. 

   "Don't mention it, dear. It's all that I can do for you since you're doing your best to pass this course." Aunt julied smiled, getting teary as well. "Don't cry. You're making me cry too." Aunt Julie lightly laughed as she wiped her tears. 

     "What's my cousin's name?" Avery asked as she pulled away from the hug. "His name is Jerson. Well, my late husband chose the name for him because his name was Jerry so he wanted it to make it short for Jerson, in short for Jerry's son." Aunt Julie avowed with a smile but still sniffling. 

    "He'll pick you up tomorrow. Since he can't just trust his beautiful cousin to one of his assistant that would be plainly rude." Aunt Julie added. 

   "Now get a good night's rest because you will need it for tomorrow." With that Aunt Julie kissed her forehead.  "Alright, I will. Thanks again Aunt Julie." She thanked once again. 

   When Avery got to her room, she plopped down the bed and stared at the ceiling barely believing the events that occured today.

She was snapped out of her reverie when her phone alerted her of a text message. He punched the password with her thumb and read the message. 

     "I look forward to seeing you once again, Avery. I haven't seen you for a long time now since we were kids. I'm very hopeful that you would enjoy a day with us in the studio." An unknown number sent. 

    "I look forward to it as well. Thank you for the opportunity." She punched her message using her thumb. 

  Wait. Studio? This is gonna be very exciting. She thought before she fell into a deep sleep.