CHAPTER 5: Poems And Problems

James ushered Alex to his seat, that was next to Avery's couch. Avery was still ignoring them..well sort of but she tried her best not to punch his face for what he did but that would be rude. She was a lady, ladies don't punch men...except for A-holes like the one seated next to her. She looked at him, lifting her head slightly, trying her best not get noticed by him.

He was still wearing that black polo shirt that hours ago caught her attention but soon enough James and Alex started talking again, She quickly looked down back to her phone and a bit hopeful that they won't put her in the conversation.

"Oh. I forgot to introduce my friends." James said to Alex, facing him from across the table. He slightly shifted his body and looked at Nash. Nash quickly placed his spoon down on the plate and raised his hand towards Alex, leaning forward.

"Nashaun Daxtons but preferably called Nash." He bluntly stated, leaning forward to shake hands with the man in front of him.

"Alexander Nicholas Airen but the same as you, I prefer to be called Alex. Just Alex." He replied, shaking hands with Nash as they exchanged words but still with eye contact. Both shook hands firmly, showing that they were very pleased to meet each other.

"And this is-" James was about to introduce her but she spoke bluntly, "Averlianne Charlotte Clarington but mostly known as Avery." She drone on, catching the attention of Alex. "And I believe we have met, Neighbour." She added, faking a smile.

"Yes, I do believe." He smiled in return, looking at her. "You know each other?" James asked, not believing.

"Yes." They both answered in unison, Nash felt the atmosphere and he knew that it's best for him to just eat his dessert.

"Interesting." James smiled in amusement. "You should try going out on a date with Devin, he's a great guy and is suited for you." James suggested, trying to change the intense atmosphere.

"Well..-" She spoke, unsure but she was cut off by Alex. "Well, actually we're already dating." Alex answered bluntly. He slightly leaned next to Avery's ear and whispered, "Believe me, that man is an awful person. Trust me." While looking at James. "Yes, we're happily dating." She stated, biting her lip as if she was trying to fight back a laugh.

"Are you?" Nash shifted slightly, getting rid of the last piece of cake with amusement filling his eyes.

"Happily yes." She nodded, with a smile. "Yes, Happily." Alex agreed with a chuckle. "For how long?" Nash asked, glancing at James. "5 months." She answered but he answered, "A year." Then they both looked at each other with questioning eyes.

"I get the joke. Stop it guys." James laughed, looking down. "No, but for real we're just friends." Avery stated. "Very very close friends." Alex added.

Nash covered his mouth with a table napkin, trying to hold back his laughter. He surely knew that they were just trying to cover each other and that act to him is very pleasuring to the eyes.

"Okay. I'll be right back." James said, standing up. "I'm gonna head to the comfort room." Nash said bluntly, also standing up and they both walked away from Alex and Avery.

"Mind telling me why you said that and especially to them?" Avery looked at him, her eyes questioning and full of doubt.

"Devin is a pain in the arse." He sighed, looking at her. "Aren't you too?" She asked him. He chuckled and said, "Not too much."

Avery also joined his laughter but she laughed, softly. "What kind of pain?" she questioned shifting her body to face him.

"Well, the kind of pain when you're busy watching a movie would talk a lot and acts like you're his lackey, that type. To add off he's a churl, unbrookable and hard to abide with" He shrugged, leaning back.

"Just like you?" She questioned, eyes gleaming with amusement. "Yes, but I'm better than him. He just doesn't seem to reach my level." he narcissistically replied.

"Yup. You're still you, I was starting to think that you were a drone. It's very unusual." She laughed softly.

"Well, you're with a friend of mine then i'll treat you like a friend too. Just let's make an agreement to not say terrible things in front of him. I don't want to be an example on one of his so-called 'Personality development trainings' nor do you." Alex chimed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Why not? Don't you want to improve your personality?" Avery asked, resting her elbows on the counter and composed herself.

"I would but I'm too pleased with myself. So no need." Alex stated, glancing over to her.

"Which reminds me, You're gonna meet a director. Are you associated with films?" Alex questioned, raising her eyebrows.

"There's a probability. Why'd you ask?" Alex shifted so his whole body faced her.

"I'm a creative technology student and as you kno-" Alex didn't allow her to finish her reply.

"It should be 'As I don't know'. Proceed." He locked his fingers and crossed his legs.

"This course is associated with films and....."

Alex furrowed his eyebrows, "And what?"

Avery looked at him for a moment, thinking. "Are you gonna speak or not?" Alex asked, sternly. "It depends." Avery spoke, still thinking.

"Well, then I won't help." Alex said, crossing his arms on his chest. "Who said I even needed your help? or you just thought?" Her eyebrows lifting slightly.

"You know, if it weren't for your-" He quickly stopped what he was about to say when James and Nash walked back, carrying two bottled waters. He pretended like he didn't notice them making their way towards them and said, "Then I said yes but he didn't agree to that." Changing the subject.

Avery just looked at him and said, "But what did you do?" She just joined in. "Well what men should do! I fought. I punch his face. Bang Bang." He pretended to punch the air. "And then what?" Avery said, trying to keep a straight face.

"I...I.." Alex stammered and started to think what he was gonna say next. "Alas, that love, who's view is muffled still. Should, without eyes, see pathways to his will! Where shall we dine? O me! What fray was here? Yet tell me not, for I have heard it all. Here's much to do with hate, but more with love. Why, then, O brawling love! O loving hate! " He let his voice become dramatic, meanwhile James and Nash just stared at him, they looked at each other then back at Alex.

"O any thing, of nothing first create! O heavy lightness! serious vanity! Mis-shapen chaos of well-seeming forms! Feather of lead, bright smoke, cold fire, sick health! Still-waking sleep, that is not what it is! This love feel I, that feel no love in this. Dost thou not laugh?" He finished dramatically, people started to applaud his dramatic performance. The coffee shop erupted with claps and cheers. Alex smiled and waved it off.

"Wow. What a dramatic performance. Are you now done? You know you could just kissed her and not embarrassed the three of us." James snickered, looking down. "What a show of affection. Well done." Nash said, slow clapping like a movie villain while laughing. "What have I done?" Avery thought, blushing. "Isn't that lines from the play called Romeo and juliet?" Nash cooed, glancing at Avery.

"It was the only thing I could think of! It came to my mind like a wosh." Alex shrugged.

"No, we were just talking about broadway and suddenly he..." She gestured to him. "Showed me how to properly act.", She drone on. "And did you learn?" The three men questioned in unison.

"Well, I didn't take notes but I did studied his movements." Sheretorted. "Then, tomorrow we will go to a poetry club. You can freely speak there and inspire others." James said, excitedly. "Alex, you should come too." he said looking at him.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." He nodded, with a grin. "I think I can't. I have to..you know, take care of my Aunt." She reasoned, her voice trembled. Surely Avery didn't want to to do that. She didn't like the attention plus the embarrassment.

"It wasn't a question." James replied with a chuckle.

"Alex, how did you learn to perform like that?" Nash wondered, ethusiastically. "I don't know, it just came to me. Maybe learned from the past? I don't know much about my past. People just don't tell me."