Chapter 3

(EDITED)

Luke's POV:

I was really scared to face the night but that was literally my only option. I was scared that maybe one of us won't make it, but I had to stop thinking negative, and start thinking positive.

Once we got to Steven's car there was a little girl just sitting there.

"Who's this," Ashton asked, referring to the little girl.

"Oh, she's my little sister. Her name's Sarah," Karen responded.

"Hi Sarah," Sydney said with a smile on her face.

"Hi, sorry but I didn't catch any of your names," Sarah asked politely while we all gathered inside the car.

"Sydney, Ben, Luke, Ashton, Calum, and I'm Michael," we all answered her question while piling into the car.

"Sarah, there going to be hanging with us until this night is over, okay," Karen says to Sarah making sure she knows what's going on.

She just nodded, and Steven started the engine signaling to us that we were leaving.

The worst thing about all of this, is that we are in Downtown L.A. where everybody comes to purge. Everywhere we drove there were people beating and killing others. What really caught my eye was a mother and her little girl being brutally beaten, then shot to death by this random stranger. I just don't understand how others can kill innocent people.

Ashton's POV:

I hate this. I don't like the purge. Many innocent people lose their lives on this day.

We have been probably driving for an hour and a half and that's where our bad luck began. We drove over some broken glass and it popped our wheels and now we're in deep shit.

"Fuck," Steven shouts hitting the steering wheel.

"Sorry guys but I guess we're using our feet for the next coupe of hours," Karen said with a disappointed facial expression.

Shit now we're totally screwed. I don't know why but something was telling me that one if us won't make it tonight.

"What time is it," Ben asked with a worried tone.

"9:56 pm," Sarah answers while looking at her watch.

We still had like another nine hours to survive. This doesn't sound good.

Luke's POV:

Great, nine hours for commencement to be over, and we're stuck outside somewhere in Los Angeles, that's just great. I was really scared at this point but my only priority was to protect my siblings; I wasn't going to let them die tonight.

Once we got out of the car, I picked up Sydney, caring her in my arms while Ben was walking right beside me. We all had our weapons ready, just in case and began walking in the dark streets of L.A.

We heard gunshots everywhere. Once we got into an alley, there were three men shooting a woman and a man. One of the men saw us and started running towards us.

"Fuck, run," Michael shouts picking up Ben in his arms.

We were all running for our lives, when Sarah tripped on something and fell to the ground. Fuck, I'm not gonna let her die, she's around my sister's age. So I quickly gave Sydney to Ashton and ran to get Sarah. Everybody else kept running, but then Karen stopped to help me.

Once we got to Sarah, the man popped out of no where and started shooting in our direction. We quickly ducked but then Karen started shooting and I got to say she aims perfectly because she shot the guy in one shot.

I quickly picked up Sarah carrying her bridal style to where the others were hiding. Karen was close behind me but then there were other gunshots being fired at us, luckily not one bullet hit either of us. Once we got to where the others were hiding behind a building Karen quickly said, "Hurry keep running. There's two others chasing us, GO!"

We then kept on running but then one of the guys got shot.......Steven. But then Calum started shooting at the guys with the help of Ben. Both of the men fell to the ground. That's good but Steven was shot on the shoulder, so I quickly got Sydney's scarf and wrapped it around him. Thank god he was still breathing.

"Steven, are you okay,"Lily asked him with her soothing voice.

He just nodded. Once we got Steven to stand on his feet, we heard screaming behind us. Two guys with ski masks grabbed Sarah and Sydney by their hair and were dragging them on the floor.

I started shooting at the guy that grabbed Sydney and Lily was shooting at the one that grabbed Sarah.

Once the two guys were on the ground, I quickly ran to Sydney.

"Stay close to me, okay," I said to her with tears rolling down my face.

She just hugged me. I wasn't gonna lose her or Ben.

Lily's POV:

We finally managed to get Steven on his feet, but once he was standing we heard screaming behind us. I turned around and saw two huge guys dragging Sydney and Sarah away. I quickly got my gun and started shooting along with Luke.

Once the two guys were dead I quickly ran to grab Sarah. Thank god, we almost lost Steven I wasn't going to lose Sarah and Sydney as well.

Once everybody was calmed down, Ashton and Karen were leading our way to safety.

We can still hear a lot of gunshots being fired and people screaming but it was no where near us.

"Okay, you guys wait here," Ashton told us with Karen following behind him.

They returned like a minute later.

"Okay, it's clear. Now let's start moving until things start to happen," Ashton told all of us.

Everybody nodded and started walking. There was nobody outside but that was bad because usually when nobody is outside that means that there were usually booby traps. So you have to be really careful in places like these.

---------------

We were probably walking for an hour, when all of a sudden we heard a motor behind us. I turned around to see a van driving down the street.

"Run," Calum shouted.

We did exactly that but then the van turned on its lights and spotted us. Fuck we were so done, it started speeding towards us.

We just kept on running but once we turned a corner the van lost control and sped into a building running over a man who was running for his life.

What we all saw was shocking but we were all relieved that nothing happened to any of us. This purge was going to be tougher than I thought.