Chapter 2

(EDITED)

Luke's POV:

It's been 45 minutes since commencement started. Everybody was just sitting looking at the footage. We thought that we will make it through this night but I was wrong.

"Hey, did you guys here that," Michael said jumping up from his chair.

"Yeah, what's going on,"I asked all curious.

I got off the couch and looked through a crack on the wall. Oh my god, they were breaking into the building.

"You guys hide now," I shouted grabbing Sydney in my arms and running to my room. Ben following behind me.

I then shut the door and locked it. We were hiding in the closet. Like two minutes later I heard the front door drop to the floor. I quickly told Ben to cover his mouth and I was covering mine and Sydney's. I was scared.

A few moments later my room door was kicked open and I was trembling at this point. There was a moment of silence; did they leave already? But no I was wrong some guy in a mask opened the closet door and dragged me out with Sydney still in my arms. Another guy with a ski mask grabbed Ben dragging him all over the floor right behind me.

They threw all three of us into the living room where everybody else was.

Some guy with paint all over his face grabbed Ben and Sydney.

"Nooo, don't hurt them, kill me not them, please," I shouted with tears pouring out of my eyes.

"Shut up," the guy with ski mask shouted at me.

"Please, they're just kids,"Ashton tried to plead with the complete strangers in front of us.

"And I care because," some guy with a gun now said.

"Please, kill me not them, please," I begged again.

"Okay, how about I kill you first, so that you don't have to watch them die," the man holding the gun said.

He was now pointing the gun at my head, and I was still shedding tears.

I just closed my eyes and heard a gun shot..........

Calum's POV:

"Okay, how about I kill you first, so that you don't have to watch them die," the man holding the gun said to Luke.

He was pointing the gun to his head. I just thought that we were going to die tonight. But then I saw something from the corner of my eye. It was Lily and some other blonde girl.

When the guy was about to shoot Luke, Lily shot him. The other three men were about to shoot her when some random guy popped out of no where and shot the guy with the ski mask. The blonde one shot the guy with paint all over his face, and Lily finished the job buy killing the one with this weird creepy mask.

Luke's POV:

I heard the gunshot, but why wasn't I dead yet. When I opened my eyes I saw Lily and two other people. Some blonde girl and some guy with brown hair.

"Is everybody okay," the blonde girl asked.

"Yeah, but who are you," Michael asked.

"I'm Karen and this is Steven," Karen responded.

"Are you guys purging," I asked but looking at Lily.

"No, those bastards came to my house too, but we killed two cause well only two of them came in, and we saw that they were here, and I wasn't gonna let my best friends die," Lily responded.

"Thanks," we all thanked her.

"But what are we going to do, we don't have our shelter anymore," Ben asked.

"We have to stay alive for the night," that guy, Steven said.

I quickly got all my weapons that I had, which were three guns, two machetes, one axe, two bullet proof vest, six pocket knifes and two shot guns.

I quickly put the bullet proof vests on Ben and Sydney. I gave each of us a pocket knife, I gave a machete to Michael and Ashton, I kept two guns and gave one to Calum, I gave the axe to Calum as well and I gave a shot gun to Ben and had one for myself. By the way, he knows how to use it. I made sure I had everything I needed.

"Alright, let's do this," I said carrying Sydney in my arms.

They all nodded and we followed them outside to their car. I can't believe it, but to stay alive we have to purge.

Once we stepped outside Ben whispered something into my ear, "I'm scared Luke."

I just look at him and say, "Just remember all the good the purge does," he just nodded and was ready to face the night ahead of us.