Chapter 13 ~ That Damn Witch

Start from the beginning

'For being so insistent on coming, she's not very enthusiastic about gaming,' I thought, playing some token games with (Y/n).

"Hey, wanna play this one?" (Y/n) asked as she pointed to classic fighter game.

"Haven't we already done that like three times?"

"But I got some tips from a guy I played," she said, holding a fist to her chest in determination, "I know I'll be able to beat you now!"

"Who the hell have you been talking to?!"

"Just some guys over..." she looked around for a second before giving up. "I don't really remember, but they apparently come here often. I think they were hanging out with Eijiro."

"That noisy hedgehog is here too?! Where did he come from?" I yelled, looking around to see if I could find him.

"Last I saw, he went in the food court," she turned back to me, "The tips he gave me were really good, I think he comes here often." She returned her attention to the fighter game. "But that's why I really want a rematch!" She took my non-objection as an agreement.

I felt my features relax as I watched her push some coins in the slot.

There was a tugging on my shirt and I looked down to see (Y/n) little sister, Caito, looking up at me. I crouched down and asked her what was wrong.

"I wanna play that one," she responded, pointing to a game across the room.

My eye began to twitch as I forced my lips to form a smile. "I'm in the middle of something-"

"NO! I wanna play it before those other guys come back!" she yelled.

I looked around the room, asking, "Who the hell are you talking about!?"

"They kept playing it over and over, but they just left. I think they'll come back soon so I wanna play it while it's open."

I sighed and looked back over to (Y/n), who seemed to be listening to us.

She cocked her head in the direction of the game and smiled.

I turned back to the kid and forced a smile, saying, "Sure, but only one time, alright?"

She nodded enthusiastically and we headed over. It was only a three-minute game or so, but when I got back, Kirishima was playing with (Y/n).

"Hey!" I yelled, "I thought we were playing!"

(Y/n) was in the middle of a match, so she didn't make eye contact, but answered, "Oh, sorry! He offered and I got kinda competitive, but I'll play with you right after!"

Caito tugged on my shirt again and asked to play the game one more time since we still had a few minutes.

'One more isn't the end of the world or anything, so I guess as long as it's just one battle.'

EIGHT FUCKING BATTLES LATER AND THAT FUCKING HEDGEHOG RAN OFF WITH (Y/N) TO WHO KNOWS WHERE!!

"Fuck, I have to go find them!! I can't just let that shithead take my date away!!"

I marched around the arcade for at least twenty fucking minutes, looking for that dumbass and the girl who ASKED ME ON THIS GOD DAMNED DATE IN THE FIRST PLACE AND THEN UP AND RAN AWAY!!!

"Last time I let that porcupine out of my site with (Y/n)," I muttered, stomping up to the top level of the building.

After wandering around a bit more, I found them chatting next to a claw machine.

'Fucking finally!'

Spiky hair was holding a stuffed cat from the game and looked to be handing it to (Y/n). As I approached I could make out what they were saying.