Chapter 8

He laid her down on the couch grunting . He then removed his coat and blood soaked shirt. It was not just a flesh wound. 

He had already called Ray with the address. She looked at his naked torso. It was gushing with blood.

He tied it down to stop the bleeding. And then he sat down beside her. She scooted away from him on the farthest corner of the couch.

 He chuckled sadly. Now that she had seen the monster in him she will be afraid. Too afraid to even look at him.

He shook his head in order to clear it from awkward thoughts. "Stand up and strip" he said in a little gruff voice. 

She was afraid so she stood up and with shaking hand held the buttons of her shirt. "Anytime now" He said.

She opened her shirt buttons pulling it off her shakily. He kept his gun on the table sighing. All the time her eyes were on the gun as if she was waiting for him to blow it. And kill her like He killed the man. 

She pulled the zip of her skirt down getting it down. He gave a satisfied grin.

She was not hurt she was just scraped at few places. "Come here and sit by my side let me see you baby" He said softly. She was confused was he going to make love to her and then kill her? No he will not probably he will make her his sex slave. 

Who knows what this man is capable of.

She sat down beside him hesitantly. "I want you to pull the bullet out or I will not heal." He said. "I...I can't" she said. "But you have to. Ray is probably late and I am losing a lot of blood here . If you want me to die then it is alright." 

"No" she exclaimed.

"I don't want you to die" She said honestly. And she didn't after all she was someone who had came to her rescue when no one was around, Even when he was a possible criminal who can murder in cold blood the truth is she didn't wanted him to die.

"Then help me with the bullet take it out. Warm the tweezers there and pull it out I know you can." He said to her. 

He hissed as the hot metal touched his torso. He grunted as she pulled the bullet out.

"You can scream I will not say that to anyone that you were screaming." She said and he grunted in reply. She pulled out the bullet and placed it on the tray. "Damn that was one big bullet." He said. 

"This is the second time you had been shot on my watch. How does that makes me feel?" She asked.

He chuckled and looked at her. "You know you look more beautiful when you are angry. " He said tugging her towards him. She scooted towards him and dressed his wound. "You will be needing stitches" She said. 

"She will be here in any moment. I want you to go with her and get yourself checked up" He said.

"But you are the one who is hurt" She protested. He pulled her into his lap and kissed her lips. She was frozen shocked. Then her rational mind started to work and she tried to push him back. He pulled back letting her go.

"What were you thinking sir? You are still my boss." She complained. "I know but I want to be more than just your boss." He said touching her cheek. 

She shied away from his touch which made him frown. It was difficult than it looks.

But he will work hard to win his Bambi's heart. "Is It appropriate to date your employees sir? People will talk and I don't want to be termed as gold digger by anyone." She said shaking a little. 

She don't want to go through it all over again.

"No one is going to call you Gold digger not if they love their life . And furthermore If I want to I will lavish you in my money no one have a right to say anything otherwise. It is my money and I will spend it however I like no questions asked. " He said pulling her into his lap.

She saw how small she looks in his comparison. His brooding figure was something she had started to find safe to. And it is huge deal for her. Then she also remember why she cannot be with him.

 If he knows he will be disgusted. She cannot find a heart to tell him the truth.

"What If I am not something you think me off. What if I am something repulsive that you cannot stand off. " He simply chuckled at her words. "Love means accepting the person with every flaws and seeing past it. " he said. 

She was surprised to be sure. He was speaking like that.

"Sir Can I have Friday off?" She asked. "Already asking for the privileges Adele I see" He said and she looked down ashamed. He suddenly felt guilty for making her feel bad.

 "I was just kidding Addie of course you can have Friday off." He said.

He softly kissed her and to his surprise she had kissed him back. She pulled back and said "Thank you for this I truly appreciate it" Her soft Blue eyes twinkled in the light. 

She was truly mesmerising. Into his eyes there is no one much more beautiful than her.

"Are you not tired?" He asked. "I am but there is just one bed and you are injured and" He kissed her again. That shut her up. He pulled back and said

 "I think we will do just fine dear we will do just fine with one bed and you held safely in my arms." He said softy.

Word Count: 991 Words