Struggle for Trost Pt.2

Start from the beginning

When he receives info that the Platoons are ready he quickly orders his Radio operator to inform Alistair that the operation is about to begin.

Trost, 104th Cadet Training Corps

Eren's squad was standing on the roof of a building looking towards the direction of the breach and those big explosions they heard some time ago. Now it was replaced by the sound of cannon fire. The explosions before and rumours about the sighting of flying objects in the skies have already sent a wave of confusion and speculations among the ranks of the military. But this matter had to be brushed aside for the time being. The Titans were still entering the city and their numbers were growing at an alarming rate and the city was not fully evacuated yet. So the Cadets and the soldiers were sent to their designated defensive locations as planned before.

Armin Arlert a survivor from the fall of Wall Maria and childhood friend of Eren stood on the roof with his squad. He was rememorizing the teaching of his instructors on the weakness of the Titans. He was also thinking about the rumours about the explosions from outside and now very close to the wall. Until his thoughts were broken by Eren.

"Hey, Armin! don't you think this is a great chance." He said to this best friend with great enthusiasm.

After the fall and death of his only family his Grandfather by the hands of the Titans he lived with his friends Eren and his foster sister Mikasa for a year working in the fields until they were able to enlist in the military and now he stood here waiting to enter his first battle against the Titans even before he graduated from the Training Corps.

"If we prove ourselves in today's battle before even entering the Scouting regiment, surely they would promote us right up the ladder."

"Yeah! without a doubt!" he replies with a wary smile.

"Not to burst your bubble, but quite a few of us are aiming for joining the Scouts this year !" One of their squadmate Mina Carolina joins in.

"I lagged behind you Eren!, I am not going to lose this time." Thomas declares.

"That's the spirit, Thomas!"

"Let's have a contest to see you slays more Titans!" Thomas said.

*Bang*

They all turn their attention towards the source of the noise.

"Eren whom do you think are firing those cannons ?" Armin asks.

"We don't know till now Armin. Anyone trying to get near the source didn't return. We can now only put our attention at slaying the titans and helping in the evacuation."

Armin nods in response

"Squad 34, advance! Assist the frontline guard!" A Garrison officer orders.

"Right! Let's go!"

Drawing their blades they all yelled in response

"Yeahhh"

The squad using their ODM gears advanced towards the battlefront. They were filled with excitement, fear and courage they mustered to fight with the enemies of humanity. Until Eren noticed a large number of titans advancing through the city virtually unopposed.

"The Titans advanced this far ?!" Carolina said with wide eyes

"The front guard's already been crushed?!" Thomas yelled astonished to see the veteran troops have already been wiped out.

"What our Glory hunger seniors doing?" Another Cadet said.

'I thought the situation to be bad, but this bad...' Eren's thought was interrupted when he heard someone yelling at them from behind.