The Agony of Regret

Start from the beginning

(Y/n)'s pov

"So (y/n), how did you do on Mrs. Jones quiz?"

"I got a 64, how about you Janet?"

"I got a 100." No shock there. "How did you only get a 64, didn't you study the notes I gave you?"

"I did, a little, but hey as I see it a 64 is a D, and D's get degrees."

"You should really take school more seriously."

"There is a lot of things I'll take more seriously in the future, and school isn't one of them."

"And why won't you?"

"Because we are halfway through our senior year, and I'm doing just fine."

"That's why your the only senior, in a sophomore math class, right?"

"No need to be so rude." I jokingly slam my locker shut.

"I'm just trying to make sure you don't end up like Bruce."

"What's wrong with Bruce? He seems like a nice guy."

"He's twenty one, and still in High School. Do you really want to be like him?"

"Hey it sounds to me like he's living the dream. Gets to live with his parents rent free, gets to hit on high school chicks, doesn't have to worry about annoying friends nagging him about his grades." I look at Janet and smile. Janet scoffs, and stomps on my foot. "Damn it! Ouch!" I grab my foot, and hop for a second. "What was that for?"

"Because you're an asshole." Janet closes her locker. "Can you do me a favor?"

"That depends, are you going to stomp on my foot again and call me a asshole?"

"No. Will please attempt to at least graduate this year?"

"I'll graduate, I promise."

"Thank you, (y/n), now have fun with Mrs. Billers, Geometry class." I roll my eyes, and Janet laughs.

"Yeah, I'll try my best to have fun with learning the angle measurements of a pyramid." I glare at Janet as I walk down the hallway.

"Have fun I'll see you after class." Janet turns around and walks off towards her class.

I spin around, and bump into a girl with light blue hair. "Oh hey I'm sorry." I help her up, and I pick up her books. "Sorry about that usually I watch where I'm g... are you new here? I haven't seen you around before."

"I'm Candice, Candice Pendragon." Does she mean like King Arthur Pendragon? I hand her, her books.

"(Y/n) (l/n), nice to meet you. Again I'm sorry I bumped into you."

"It's alright, I wasn't really looking where I was going either. I was trying to figure out this schedule, it's hard to understand."

"Yeah schedules here are pretty hard to understand, ever since they started that new policy so people couldn't track you down by your schedule."

"Why did they do that?"

"Some kid got kidnapped from class, because they read his class schedule."

"Ohhh."

"Yeah this isn't the safest schedule, but here let me help you."

"But I don't want you to be late for class."

"Trust me it's fine, I hate any form of Math."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah it's no problem." Candice hands me her schedule. "Okay so you have Mr. Rectors Biotechnology class." Damn this girl a honor student. "I can walk there, one of my friends is in that class." I walk Candice to her class. "The girl with the white hair, is my friend Janet. She's an air head, but she's top in our class. So if you have any questions you can ask her."