Format Guide

Hey, guys! I heard from a few people who said that the format confused them a little, so here's a quick explanation:

INT. HOME-- MORNING

This is the time and location line. INT. and EXT. tell you whether we're in the interior or exterior of the location.  The next part is the location's title. Finally, we have the time of day. CONT. means that the time is the same as the previous scene, and that this one is directly following the last.

RILEY: (waving) "Hi, guys!" 

This is an example of a dialogue line. Anything before the colon (:) is whoever is speaking. The part is the parentheses describes the delivery of the speech, or an action taking place while speaking. The stuff in the quotations ("") is the spoken part, but you probably already figured that.

CUT TO:

This one is more of a screenplay thing. This describes a sudden shift in time or space that isn't significant enough to introduce a new scene.

MONTAGE

This one is more of a film thing as well. This describes anything that, in my brain, is a bunch of sequential shots (I'm thinking Wes Anderson close-ups, but 100% do your own visualization).

I will NOT be adding casting to this story, because I think it's more authentic when you form your own ideas of what the characters look like. It's so weird when you see what an author thinks a character looks like, and it's different from what you thought, and everything just feels like it's not canon anymore, you feel? Anyways.

I hope y'all enjoy the story! Lemme know if there's anything that I missed, or that didn't make sense.

Love you!

AJ