『 i 』REUNITED

(A/N): Snape and everyone is around the ages 28-29

******

"Severus-"

"Don't. Lucius." It's been 10 years since (Y/N) (L/N) left me for Lockhart, somehow I managed to live through another heartbreak, but this time it took me ten whole years. The despair she brought upon me was tolerable, until the news of Lily Evans and her daft husband were murdered six years ago. I was now a Professor at Hogwarts, the youngest at age 21, currently I'm 28. Lucius was visiting me to complain yet again about his wife, Narcissa, and about her.

"When are you going to ever give up on her?" Lucius sighs, sitting in front of my desk in my classroom, crossing his legs and resting his chin on his hand. "She cheated on you."

"I am over her." I gritted my jaw as I spoke, trying to forget her and how she hurt me.

"Clearly you're not, and Lockhart is starting work tomorrow - and guess who'll be by his side? Her." Cringing at the thought of her being by his side, sitting next to him during meals, and sharing the same chambers. Hiding the pure disgusted look on my face I shook my head.

"She means nothing to me now."

"But are you certain? You haven't seen her after we graduated! She's an adult now, I bet she really matured." Lucius' words began to sink into my head but I quickly brush it off, not wanting to get distracted from my work. "She's. Dead. To. Me." I managed to say as I scribbled aggressively on a student's work as the quill in my hand snapped in half. Lucius stared blankly, barely flinching at the loud snapping sound.

"And I thought I had woman problems." Lucius mumbled and stood up. "I should get going now."

"Enjoy taking care of your bratty 8 year old son."

"Oi, he's your bratty godchild." Lucius snorts and soon vanished, leaving no trace of him behind.

Finally at peace I continued to work, it was about 5:53 p.m. and dinner doesn't begin until 6:30 p.m. I have time to mentally prepare myself from seeing those two today, hopefully I don't manage to kill Lockhart with my bare hands when I see him. He's been all over the Daily Prophet and his books became a sensation. He's everywhere. Why of all places did he have to work here? And have her by his side? She doesn't even like the Dark Arts, hell, she doesn't even enjoy DADA. Stupid Lockhart, not considering her feelings. She's a Hufflepuff for Merlin's sake, her little heart can't handle that, she's more into Charms, Transfiguration, and Herbology. She wanted to be a Healer, not someones TA.

"...." Severus, get her out of your mind. She hurt you and you shouldn't forgive her, nor even care about her well being. You shouldn't.

******

Less than thirty minutes have passed and I'm slowly regretting ever leaving my desk. Standing outside the Great Hall doors, pacing back and forth.

They'll be here any minute now, any minute. Just go. Pushing the doors open, ignoring all eyes on me as I walked to my chair at the head table. Dumbledore greeting me with a smile as usual. Planting myself on the chair, looking to my right to see two empty chairs. Great.