23| An Exchange And A Consumation

Start from the beginning

"Why are you telling me this and not Your husband?" Marius remained skeptical.

"Because you can give me something he won't ...The life of the fae in custody "

Marius turned raised eyes at her.
"Even if I had the power to grant your request, Why do you believe I would do it?"

"For peace. The answer to the question of who wanted the king dead can cause havoc or cause peace. I choose peace and that's why I have come to you. "

"What is the answer?"

"Before I answer that you have to promise me the life of the fae"

Marius hesitated
"I can try but I can't promise"

"You are Marius Stefanescu, the second most powerful vampire after my husband. I know of your influence in court and in Ardelean, if there is one person who can promise me the life of a fae, it's you."

"Have you told Anghel of this?"

"Anghel would hear nothing of it. You're my next best option"

Marius stroked his smooth jaw as he watched the frail woman before him and realised he'd been wrong about her. They all have. This was no fragile swan that needed constant protection, no. This one was something else. Something different
How did Anghel get so lucky?

"I give my word. I'll give you the life of the fae if you tell me who tried to kill the king"

"Someone from the blackguard"

"What?!"

"The Assasin smelt of newly tanned leather which I recently found out is the Blackguard's uniform"

"You know you could be charged for treason on two counts, witholding information and accusing the black guards?"

"Someone in the black guard is plotting to have your king killed, harassing me instead of investigating could hardly be seen as wise. And I came to you because I know you are loyal to the throne and in the position to investigate discretely. Don't forget my motive Marius, peace not havoc"

Marius looked lost in thought
"Lady Samantha  are you absolutely sure of what you claim"

"I am"

"You are aware of the magnitude this accusations can cause the throne...and you? Are you sure you're ready to risk it all for the life of a worthless fae?"

"If I don't risk it, the life of my father in law and my husband might be compromised. I want you to root out the bad fruit in the guard sworn to protect ardelean"

"Thank you for trusting me lady Samantha. I will not disappoint you."

"Another thing"

"Yes my lady"

"I'd like a tour of the palace tomorrow. I want to see everything of my new home. Please arrange a suitable tour guide with the instructions to show me around to wherever I please"

"Consider it done. It would be my pleasure to Take on this job but I have this issue to see to. I'll arrange for your tour guide at once"

"Thank you Marius. You've been so good to me"

"There is nothing to be thankful of, my pleasure is in serving you lady samantha. I'll see to the release of the fae to you as soon as possible."

"Could tonight be possible?" Taylor asked sheepishly

Marius smiled and poked her cutely on the nose
"I won't dissapoint the faith you have in me my dear lady" he bowed and walked briskly to his horse.