Touchdown Promises

Start from the beginning

Leah and I continued to lean on the door while waiting for Keri when it was pulled open and we fell hard into the bathroom. I rubbed the back of my head and saw Leah doing the same as we lay at Keri’s feet while she looked at us sheepishly. “Sorry, didn’t realize you guys were sitting against it.”

“No problem.” I assured her but the lump forming on my head would beg to differ. Keri stepped over us and started packing up her things as we both sat up and raised identical eye brows at her attire.

She was wearing a very, very short denim skirt and a red bandana print halter top that stopped above her navel. I could see the strings of her red bikini sticking out from the top of her skirt. She was dressed in full on hoochie mode and it had me worried. Just what was this girl doing?

“Going somewhere?” Leah asked.

Keri finished packing and turned our way, “Um, ye-eah! There are hot guys roaming this house, why let all that eye candy go to waste?”

Say what? “Keri, what about Leroy?” I risked asking.

“What about him? Oh, you mean the whole hooking up with him last night and him treating me like it never happened? No biggie. I knew what he was like and it was stupid of me to expect differently.”

She spoke with indifference but I could hear the slight edge to her voice. She was still upset by what Leroy did, yet she was covering it well. Actually, from her actions I had a feeling she was going to find some guy to help her forget whatever Leroy made her feel.

“Keri…” I started.

“Lylah, relax. I’m over it. You don’t have to worry about me. I don’t know what I was thinking, must have been the effects of the alcohol last night that had me feeling all weird about him.” she curled up her nose with a smile, “You guys should really get in the shower, you’re starting to rot.”

“Keri…” Leah tried this time.

Keri looked at us exasperated, “Seriously guys, I’m fine. I’m going to start cleaning up our mess downstairs. Hurry up and shower so you coochies can help me.”

It’s obvious she just wanted to forget her little confession this morning, she almost pleaded with her eyes for us to drop it. As much as I didn’t want to, I did. “Okay girl, if you say so.”

“Yeah, start cleaning up, I promise not to take a really long, luxurious bath that will mean I won’t make it down in enough time to help.” Leah teased.

“You better not, or I’ll just throw whatever I sweep up all over you as soon as you do get down there.” Keri threatened.

Leah got up and grabbed some clothes out of her bag while she argued back, “If I was planning on doing that, I would just avoid the kitchen so I don’t run into you at all.”

They opened my door and walked out as Keri replied, “Really, then I’d just look for you with the dust pan in my hand.”