FOUR| make me smile

FOUR
'make me smile'

"GET OVER HERE MELISSA" ELENA yelled to her friend who was ready to exit the common room and Mel was fastening her green and silver tie

"GET OVER HERE MELISSA" ELENA yelled to her friend who was ready to exit the common room and Mel was fastening her green and silver tie. The two had to make it to class, which in fact was potions.

"I'm coming" Mel rushed and followed her friend out the door. The two of them just made it, rushing in to a classroom full of kids. Mel sat down with Elena and saw the old man that replaced our old greasy potions teacher. He told them the ingredients of their projects and to sit next to partners.

The class was shared with gryffindors, Mel spotted the boy with a scar, sitting two rows behind her. Mel waved at him, the corners of Harry's mouth lifted and her did the same.

"Have you gotten into his pants yet?" Elena tilted her head and giggled at her friends slightly red face.

"No I haven't, and I am not gonna"

"You're lame." The brunette playfully pushed Mel, with a grin.

"I wonder why he is giving me any attention, wouldn't he hate slytherins?" Mel questioned, mostly to herself but she wanted to see Elena's take on the situation.

Elena tapped Mel's head like a child, "because someone has a crush on a certain blondie"

"I am hot as hell, but no" the girls giggled and their banter went on for awhile, eyes tearing up with happiness.

That's what was normal for them, turning any class and any time, something to laugh about. It was natural and what made them close.

"Would you two shut the fuck up?" A sneer came from behind them. Mel and Elena's heads turned in the direction of the furious voice.

Draco was rolling his eyes at the two, a little too annoyed. "Shut up Malfoy, you are just jealous that I can make Melissa smile." Elena shot at him.

"What?"

"You heard me, I can make people happy" Elena scowled at Draco. Mel smirked, proud of her friend.

"I bet you can't make anyone laugh" Mel one of her eyebrows. Draco glared at them, he huffed and rolled his eyes, returning back to his work.

Mel lifted her hand up and Elena, happy with the win, highfived her. The two laughed and followed the directions on the board, making sure they got everything correct.

The class came to a very fortunate end and the two girls walked through the day, smiles on their faces. It was 7:00, just after diner, they needed to do homework so they made their way to the library.

Mel laid her head on the table, exhausted already by the load of homework that was given to her. Mel got up to look around for the books that could answer her question for her Herbology class.

She turned a corner and her face dropping as she saw the boy she had to work with. She saw that he was looking through the books that she was, probably due to the fact they shared the same class.

"Can you please move Malfoy" Mel decided to be polite and take the high road. She knew he heard her, but did not move. She rolled her blue eyes and repeated herself.

Still, Malfoy did not move. She grimaced and stood in front of him and reached for the book she thought was the one that would help her with the homework. "Thank you." Mel said, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

As Mel walked away she heard Draco's voice, "Melissa," she turned around and saw him slightly frowning, "meet me in the room of requirements."

"Okay?" Mel's eyebrows creased in confusion. "I thought you didn't need my help"

"And you thought I couldn't make you laugh." He chimed back. Draco pulled out a book he was holding, it was titles, "Wacky Jokes For Wizards & Witchs"

"You've got to be kidding me" Mel was about to laugh but held it back for the sake of her winning the meaningless bet.

Malfoy opened up the book and looked at Melissa with a slight smirk, "What is the definition of a good farmer?"

"What?" Mel held back a laugh over idiotic this was.

"A man outstanding in his field"

Unable to control herself, Mel gave up and laughed. Not at the joke itself but at Draco Malfoy doing the most to prove himself. "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard"

Malfoy genuinely smiled at the blonde girl, who was slightly frustrated with herself for not staying stronger when it came to laughter. She waved goodbye to Draco and sauntered off.

Mel sat down next to Elena, a small smile painted on her face. Her best friend couldn't help but notice Mel's little bit of joy. Elena saw Draco Malfoy walk out of the library and she put two and two together.

"It seems as if someone cracked" Elena said.

Melissa only nodded with a small laugh.

____
this was a little shorter than my usual update but i didn't want to end anything awkwardly.

also we stan a smol mel and dumbass draco

-cordelia