TWO| her haven

TWO
'her haven'

MEL WOKE UP EARLY that morning, this was a little out of the ordinary for the girl but it was the day she would be returning to hogwarts

MEL WOKE UP EARLY that morning, this was a little out of the ordinary for the girl but it was the day she would be returning to hogwarts. Mel looked at herself in the mirror and decided to wear a half up, half down hairstyle. She lifted her favorite cream white turtle neck from her closet and paired it with her blue jeans she loved.

Mel adored hogwarts and everything about it. It was her safe haven and for many they felt the same was about the school of witchcraft and wizardry. The blondes face beamed as she glanced over at her luggage and heap of books.

She needed to remember her owl, milo. Milo was her favorite pet she has. Mel has and in the past has always had pets. In the summer since a little girl if she saw a animal in need of help she came to the rescue.

Mel had a bird named Loli, it was blue and had a broken wing. With the money the slytherin girl snuck from her mothers purse she would go to diagon ally and buy potions to save the winged animal.

The blonde without fail would save the animals in need. Her brothers were the only humans that knew of what she did. The only time they stopped their caring sister is when she was found in her room with a bear cub that she named Bruno.

The small cubs paw had a thorn in it and Mel's nature was to take care of it so she did. Noah and Ben immediately disapproved. Ben grabbed the baby bear and Noah held back the small girl who had tears welling up in her blue eyes.

After bargaining for awhile the twins let their sister take the thorn out of Bruno's paw. They scolded Mel, after that Mel tried to keep her pets a secret even from her brothers.

"Mel!" Noah yelled from the base of the stairs at the girl in her room.

"Coming!"

She gathered her things and brought them to the foyer. Her brothers questioned if she had everything, she sighed and let them quiz her on the materials she had. Ben always made sure his siblings were intact by listening the things they needed and the two would respond with check once they were for sure they had it.

"Melissa, come here" the voice of her mother called out to the girl. She strolled to the office where her dad sat behind a large desk and her mother sat on the leather sofa.

Mel knew what they were about to ask. "Melissa you were given a task this year, keep a watchful eye on malfoy and make sure the boy doesn't raise any suspicions."

"I remember what he said"

"Of course you do, but I wanted to add, befriend the Potter boy. Make sure he thinks he can trust you." Her father mischievously said and leaned back in his expensive chair.

"I will try." Mel nodded and whipped around to go back to her brothers.

"Oh and Melissa, I won't hesitate in having Voldemort kill you if the task isn't completed" Mel gulped and kept walking, her eyes threatening to drop a tear.

Her brothers were playing thumb war as their mother came out to bring them to the train station. Mel walked with her family to the portkey which brought them to kings cross station.

Mel pushed her cart behind her brothers ready to sprint through platform 9 3/4. She gulped as she pushed the cart through the wall and entered into the bustling railway station. She heard kids carrying on conversations and enveloping their parents in hugs.

Her brothers disappeared after giving their mother a hug. Mel walked over to her mom and opened her arms for a hug, "Melissa for your safety you need to help Draco, you can do it."

Mel face morphed into a smile and she backed away from her mother wanting to find her best friend. She waved goodbye to her mom and weaved through the crowd looking for Elena. Once she spotted the brunette the two climbed onto the train.

Elena picked a booth that no one was in so it was just the two of them. "So how was your summer?" Mel asked her brunette friend.

"It was good uneventful as hell, my parents still think that I'm a whore and no one deserves me" she rolled her eyes.

Mel felt the need to hug her so she pulled her in for an embrace. "It's okay, just because you have had more than a couple of boyfriends doesn't mean you are a whore or you don't deserve the very best."

Elena loved Melissa like a sister and knew she had her back and the same goes for Mel. The two pulled away from their hug "El and Mel, two bitchs that stick together." Elena said her face beaming.

"You know it hoe!" Mel high fived the brunette her face full of happiness like Elena.

"So how was your summer?" Elena questioned the blonde. Mel's face went from a grin to a small frown.

"It was not fun, I have a task from Voldemort" Mel said it a low voice.

Elena gasped, worried about her friend, "what is it?"

"I can't say too much but I have to help Draco Malfoy"

The brunettes jaw dropped, "he's a hottie." Mel rolled her eyes at the comment, "I'm not kidding, I would snatch him for sure but too many bones in his closet so I have to pass."

"Are you kidding me El?"

"No, but you two. That's a ship" she giggled and Mel's annoyed facial expression.

"We haven't even spoken to one another"

"Yeah but I bet sparks will fly" Elena hoped her friend would see some kind of good in what she would be doing but knew Mel was dreading what she had to do for the rest of the year.

____
oh my fucking goddd
a lowkey mess. but we are okay with that.

my babe elena is a victim of slut shamming. i believe woman can have sex and be with as many guys as they want because it's their choice and men get to sleep around so why not women. like wtf such a double standard.