{Chapter 28}

**The truth**

The bidding was still on when Leon get back to the charity Ball, he scanned over the crowd looking for Shay. He didn't see her any where and neither was Nate.

"Mr Hyin, this is going great" a middle aged man said to Leon.

He was sipping on a flute of champagne while Leon was ignoring looking around for Shay.

"Why don't you joined us?" He offered

"I have better things to do" Leon snapped walking away.

He spot charlie and Shayan down the hallway and he quickly walked over to them.

"Have you guys seen Nate or Shay?" He asked still looking around.

"No man is everything alright?" Charlie asked.

"I've seen Nate earlier he was really pissed but I didn't se---

They heard a lady voice screaming down the hallway and running towards them.

"He's---- gonna--- kill---her" she said trying to catch her breath.

"What? Who is killing who?" Charlie asked

"There's a man ---- strangling--- she pause catching her breath.

" where! " Leon barked

She point down the hallway and Leon ran off with Charlie and shayan behind him. They turned the corner and ran down another hallway.

They saw a lady trying to get up and Leon rushed to her when he realized it was Shay. By he get there she collapse but he caught her.

"Shay! What happened?" He said rubbing her face.

"Is she OK?" Shayan asked

"I need to get her out of her" he said brushing past Charlie and shayan.

They both looked at each other then back to where Leon head off to. Leon called her trying to wake her but she wouldn't open her eyes.

He was worried and Wondering who would do this to her. He thought of Nate but he hasn't known him a woman beater but he was angry at her.

He walked out the back and reached to his car and place Shay in. He entered the driver's seat quickly and drove off.

***

Shay felt a slight headache as she tried to open her eyes, she noticed she was in her room and she didn't remember when she get there.

Flashes of what happened last nigh ran across her mind, She sat up hugging her body. She was frighten when she saw Leon sitting infront of her staring right at her.

"Thank god you're awake" he said rushing over her bed side.

"How did I get here?" She asked

"I found you past out lastnight, what happened?" He asked her.

Shay remembered clearly what happened lastnight, she remembered Louise trying to kill her. She didn't even knew she was crying until she felt Leon thumb wiping her tears away.

"Why are you crying? Did Nate hurt you?" He asked with anger in his voice.

"Nate? No" she answered.

"Then who did it" he asked again.

"I don't remember what happened" she lied looking away.

She didn't want to get in to details of what happened, she didn't want to place her burden on him. She didn't want him to think of her weak and have pity on her so she lied.