(2)

Lucy and Happy's eyes widened in fear and surprise as they realized the building on fire was the one Lucy stayed in. The fire began to spread across the rest of the building, fueled by the wooden structure of the building. More screams filled the air and Lucy turned to Happy.

"Happy, Max Speed! We have to put the fire out!" She ordered, his angel-like wings glowing with his magic.

"Aye, sir!" He replied before speeding forward.

The two made it to the building and Happy let Lucy go, the blonde flipping to the ground before rushing up to the crowd of people who surrounded the building.

"My children are still there!" A shrill voice screamed and Lucy realized that it was the lady, Mrs. Slay, who lived up above her with her two children.

Before Lucy could tell Happy anything, the little exceed picked her up once more before flying closer to the burning building.

"Don't worry, we'll get your kids out," Lucy told the crying woman as happy rose higher into the air. "Happy, fly through the window above my apartment! That way we can beat the fire!"

Happy nodded before speeding to the window that stood above Lucy's apartment. Lucy covered her face as the two broke through the window and smoke flooded out. Happy and Lucy began to cough and Lucy pulled a handkerchief out of her pocket and tied it around Happy's nose and mouth as best as she could while he continued to carry her.

Lucy narrowed her eyes as she looked around, realizing that they were in the mother's bedroom.

"Happy that way," Lucy coughed, pointing to a door that was barely seen through the smoke.

They flew to the door and Lucy tapped the handle before opening the door. Fire filled the living room and it was heading towards the room that the two came from and the room across the hall. Lucy opened the door and Happy dropped her to the floor.

"Happy check over there for a little girl and boy while I check over here," Lucy ordered before crouching to the floor.

Happy disappeared through the smoke as he began to look for the two kids. Fire began to lick at the closed door as the two carefully made their way to the back end of the room where the balcony stood. The smoke was becoming thicker, and it was becoming impossible to see or breathe. 

"Lushie I found them!" Happy shouted from the other side of the room.

Just as she was about to reply, the door to the room broke open and a wave of fire rolled in, slicing through the smoke and heading straight for the blonde. Lucy screamed in shock and surprise as she rushed to her feet and jumped towards where Happy called from, the flames inches away from engulfing her. The glass doors to the small balcony shattered as the fire hit it and fresh air filled the room as smoke flooded out.

"Happy, go go go! I'll follow!" Lucy cried, her voice shrill as she shoved the little girl into his paws and picking up the boy..

Happy nodded before speeding off towards the balcony. Lucy followed with the boy in her arms as she tried to cover his mouth and nose from the smoke. Stepping over the glass and onto the balcony,she heard shouts of joy filling the air as Happy landed and handed the girl to her mother before returning to the balcony. He grabbed the boy and flew down again and Lucy climbed over the railing, preparing herself to jump to the ground. Just as her feet left the edge, a hand grabbed her by the back of her shirt and threw her back into the burning apartment as she screamed.

Her vision had already began to dim from the amount of smoke that she had inhaled, and all air that she had in her left in a gasp of pain and surprise as she crashed into the wall. She wheezed, not being able to scream, in pain as her hand got burned and she held it close to her chest, blood beginning to seep through the destroyed skin and coating her uninjured hand with the sticky, crimson liquid.

Feet appeared in front of her and she tried to sit up, only to be lifted off the ground by the hair.

"You like my little present?" The familiar voice asked her.

Lucy froze in shock as she opened her eyes. There holding her up was her best friend, Nastu Dragneel, a sinister and uncharacteristic smirk on his face as his eyes bore into hers.

"Natsu?! What are you doing?! Let me go!" Lucy yelled at him as she punched him in the chest with her uninjured hand.

Natsu smirked at her before carelessly dropping her to the floor.

"Your not dying here Heartfilia. We still have so much more we want to do first," he smirked before grabbing her injured hand and tossing her off the balcony like a rag doll.

Disoriented, she fell through the sky, barely being caught by Happy. She fumbled with her keyholder and pulled out a golden key. Happy hovered near the canal as Lucy stuck the key in the water.

"Open! Gate of the Water Bearer: Aquarius!" She chanted before coughing.

The said spirit appeared in a bright flash of gold and an annoyed look on her face.

"What did I tell you about summoning me in dirty water?!" She yelled, a tickmark appearing on her face.

Lucy shrugged helpless as Happy laughed nervously, afraid the mermaid spirit would wash Lucy away and inevitably wash him away too.

"Aquarius I'm sorry but could you please put out the fire before it spreads any further? I won't bother you for the rest of this week or next if you also don't cause any damage to the parts of the buildings that the flames haven't reached yet," Lucy asked, exhausted from all the smoke she was forced to breathe and her encounter with Natsu.

Aquarius stared blankly at her, as if weighing her options, and then raise her jar into the air, a stream of clear water swirling in it before shooting out to the building, dousing only the flames and leaving the side of the build that hadn't caught on fire untouched.

Lucy smiled in relief as everyone began to cheer. Aquarius turned to Lucy, small drops of water leaking from her jar still, and glared down at her.

"Don't call me for a week. But I'm also adding another week, just cause I don't like your attempts at bribing me," Aquarius said before disappearing in a shower of gold.